I was poking around the Burlington Sno-Snoopers website to see if the trails were going to open today and stumbled across Act 142. Looks like beginning next year you will need a $30 trail pass to ride on Wisconsin Snowmobile Trails. Here are the details: What You Need to Know About the New WI Trail Pass – WI Act 142 (CAP – Club Assistance Program) 1. When does this new law go into effect? July, 2015. Act 142 requires each snowmobile operating on trails to display a WI Trail Pass to be purchased annually. This is separate from the WI snowmobile registration. 2. What is the cost of the trail pass? Once Act 142 is implemented, if your membership dues with one of the nearly 600 AWSC snowmobile clubs statewide are up to date and the club has paid your AWSC dues, the cost of the Trail Pass will be $10. If you are purchasing the new Trail Pass and are NOT an AWSC and snowmobile club member the cost will be $30 per snowmobile. 3. Do I have to join a club? No – It will be your choice to join one of the nearly 600 AWSC snowmobile clubs statewide. Please remember that without the clubs and volunteers there would be NO TRAILS! It is the club volunteers that provide and maintain the WI Snowmobile Trail System. 4. Where do the funds from the trail pass go? The revenue generated from the sale of snowmobile registrations and Trail Passes will go into the state snowmobile program’s segregated fund. 5. How do I obtain my trail pass? Those details and processes have yet to be determined by the State along with the AWSC. 6. Do I still have to register my snowmobile with the State of WI? Yes, however the registration fee structure will change to a $30/3 year registration. Currently it is $30/2 years. 7. Is the Out of State (Non-Resident) trail pass going to increase in cost? Yes, it will increase to $50 from $35 (current).