MORE
Snowmobiles

Need a Jacket

1/19/15 @ 5:49 PM
INITIAL POST
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
While I've had a sled for years for ice fishing, I've never had a snowmobile jacket. I bought two newer sleds this year for me and my son so we could do more trail riding. I'd like to get a good jacket to wear instead of my ice fishing parka. I don't care if it has an Actic Cat logo on it. I just want a black snowmobile-style jacket. Where do you shop for one? Looked at Fleet Farm and didn't find any. I'm not paying for a price inflated jacket at a motor sports shop. Any advice appreciated.
Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
7/21/17 @ 8:30 PM
LIL MAN
User since 5/20/08

Midwestern Sports togs in Berlin. Most look like factory stuff and very good and price wise and lots of sizes. I have bought a lot of bibs and jackets from them through the years. Second choice would be Ken's

7/18/17 @ 9:54 AM
SJB
SJB
User since 7/16/01

Having had a lot of coats, including OEM's, I have now switched all my gear to Klim.  It is pricey, no doubt, but I essentially wear 1 base layer, maybe a fleece vest, and my bibs and coat.  100% waterproof (stay DRY in rain), all the zippers you need to cool off and super warm and windproof.  Been great gear. 

However, if you are looking for gear to "get by", I would second Ken's Sports.   They have some pretty amazing deals there.  My wife rides with me 1 or 2x's per year and this is where she bought her gear. 

6/28/17 @ 11:09 PM
Fish-see22
User since 6/21/17
Anyone here who can give some comparison between Arctiva and Coldwave jackets?
1/30/15 @ 6:38 PM
Br-Mug
Br-Mug
User since 4/7/02
What size you looking for?? I have a used cat jacket that I will sell for $80 XXXL black. If interested I can send pics. Warm jacket was 275 new 4 yrs ago.
1/24/15 @ 8:23 AM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
HCW- Have you looked on Craigslist or Ebay. Folks frequently part out sleds with blown motors, as they get considerably more in pieces and parts than selling it with a blown motor. Back to Cat Deals clothing. Some coats are cheaper than others, just depends on how many of them they have. I purchased my Arctic Cat Coat for under $100. They must have had way too many of them. According to the sizing chart it had extra long sleeves but it was my size, couldn't tell the difference once it arrived. Looked at the local dealer (Schauer Power) and they had a similar coat for $325. Also, if you call them, they are really helpful, even with returns.
1/24/15 @ 6:00 AM
HardCore Walleye
HardCore Walleye
User since 4/17/08
Thanks for that link Plmlk! Looks like they have some good deals. I was hoping they might have hood screens for a 02 ZR3 Chassis. Man trying to find them has been impossible. Some guy on Arcticchat.com told me to make my own from lathe or aluminum gutter screens but I don't know if that falls under my patience level haha.
1/23/15 @ 9:33 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
http://www.catdeals.com//index.php Go to Cat Deals BT. You'll get a $350 dollar Arctic Cat Jacket for $150 bucks. They are typically overstocks or last years model. You can't beat a Polaris, Arctic Cat, or Ski Doo snowmobiling jacket. They are thin, crazy warm, and water resistant. My wife, boys, and I, get all our Arctic Cat stuff from Cat Deals. Cheapest you'll find decent snowmobile clothing.
1/23/15 @ 6:29 AM
Hookin Jaw
Hookin Jaw
User since 5/1/03
I don't know where you live....but I always run up to Ken's sports in Kaukana. They have amazingly low prices on quality coats and bibs.
1/20/15 @ 9:20 AM
BeerTownFyreman
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
Just bought a couple Polaris coats for my daughters. Found some really nice used ones on Craigslist for a really good price. As with anything CL, buyer beware. We shopped local and checked them out good before buying.
1/20/15 @ 7:16 AM
HardCore Walleye
HardCore Walleye
User since 4/17/08
I bought a Castle at the snow show at State Fair park this year. I'm extremely happy with this brand. Removable liner, Warm as can be and very comfortable and durable! It was normally $279 and got it 50% off at the show. Try Amazon.com also. Go try on jackets at places and see what size and brand fits you and look it up on Amazon. Could save you a bunch of money!
1/19/15 @ 9:09 PM
bowtech Dee
bowtech Dee
User since 10/23/12
Was just at cabelas this weekend and they have fxr jackets in blue, black and red. I believe they were 179. Nice jackets. I have a castle which cost more but fxr are nice also.
Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE