Helmet Laws Wisconsin?

1/13/16 @ 5:00 PM
ORIGINAL POST
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
Was looking for any type of Helmet law in Wisconsin for snowmobiles. Can't find any. Does anyone know where anything is written on this subject. I read entire Wisconsin Snowmobile Laws and there isn't anything about it. Just surprises me.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
1/19/16 @ 1:18 AM
Lectrotech
Lectrotech
USER since 11/19/09
I don't believe it to be required by law in WI, you may want to check for those under 18. My opinion after 14 plus years in Fire, Rescue and EMT. I've been to several deaths on Sleds and ATV's. Stupid will get you dead if you wear one or not. A helmet just makes it easier for the funeral home to make your head face the right way and not have to fix your face.

I gave up on the sleds after watching how these dumb azzez ride today, Especially in the north half of the state. Even on the drive up in the SUV they should wear a helmet.

Post Your Comment
1/14/16 @ 9:39 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09
I was curious myself and found this comment on page 16 of the snowmobile laws:

Use a full face size helmet, goggles, or visor to prevent injuries from twigs, stones, ice chips and flying debris

Its listed under basic safety code. Since it says 'or' I take that as its not required to wear a helmet. My take anyway on it.

http://dnr.wi.gov/files/pdf/pubs/le/le0201.pdf

Post Your Comment
1/14/16 @ 6:20 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
Yea Horble, The reason I was asking, is when I'm going to a lake just to fish, and haul my sled there, It doesn't make sense to take the helmet, which I use for trail riding. I couldn't find anything, so just trying to prevent tickets

Post Your Comment
1/13/16 @ 11:10 PM
Horble
Horble
USER since 4/11/08
I was in the biz for many years and don't recall anything about a helmet requirement. They are listed as part of the safety code, but not as a requirement to operate.

Post Your Comment