What have you smoked lately? Q-view...

12/3/12 @ 11:05 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Gator43
Gator43
USER since 8/1/01
Just before Thanksgiving, wanted to smoke some snacks to take to my Mom's....did a Spiral ham, couple pound of mixed nuts, and I usually throw on some red taters just because. I rub a little EVOO on the taters, some seasoning, and pull them out when the main course is done. Sometimes they're not cooked all the way through, but can always be finished off when you decide how you want to cook them. I either chop and fry up, or finish off as a baked tater...red taters cook quicker... Good stuff.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 170 Posts
8/8/18 @ 4:49 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

BTW, 35 lbs of pulled pork is waaay to much for 60 people including about a dozen 18-19 year old boys. But the wife didn’t want to run outta chow.  At least it freezes well so we’ll be eating it for quite some time.  At least it turned out scrumptious.

Post Your Comment
8/8/18 @ 8:05 AM
kvandehei33
kvandehei33
USER since 12/19/11
Smoked a rack of ribs in the big chief last weekend. It was overcast and cool so I could only get it up to 190 degrees. Used a small torch every half hour or so to increase the temp to 220 degrees. Spent 4 hours in the smoker and finished it in the oven at 300 for about an hour. Was a little extra work with the torch but it turned out great!

Post Your Comment
7/28/18 @ 3:53 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

Twenty pounds of sweet rubbed Boston Butts today to go with the 15 lbs I did last weekend for my boy’s grad party. If that ain’t enough pulled pork, I’ll feed ‘em hot dogs!

Post Your Comment
7/4/18 @ 7:39 AM
Edge
Edge
USER since 2/28/07

Smoked up a sirloin roast yesterday. Damn that was so good and juicy

Post Your Comment
7/3/18 @ 5:39 PM
twelvegaugepump
twelvegaugepump
USER since 7/21/03

Did a whole hog for my friend’s retirement a few weeks ago. Here he is with the beauty. 

Post Your Comment
6/25/18 @ 10:29 AM
kona77
kona77
USER since 6/20/13

Put some baby back's on the smoker yersterday and they were outstanding. Moist with a good bark and fall of the bone tender. Made some cole slaw and corn bread for sides. Love ribs in the smoker.. (heck I love everything in the smoker!!).. Doing a full packer brisket in a few weeks for the 4th..   

Post Your Comment
6/11/18 @ 9:12 PM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12

Smoked a whole Packer Brisket yesterday.  Cut the point off before smoking, smoked both the point and the flat.  Made Burnt Ends out of hte Point, have never made them from Brisket before they were tasty, and perhaps even better than Pork Belly Burnt Ends.  We had a party yesterday, ate the Burnt Ends and Brisket.  Tonight I made Beef Fajita's from the left over Brisket.  I have eaten well.

Post Your Comment
5/29/18 @ 9:39 AM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01

Smoked some cheese this week-end. Used a cold smoke generator inside my pellet grill. I smoked it for an hour and half with a lot of venting. The cheddar came out very good. It was in about 1 pound blocks. I also did some smaller pieces of Asiaogo{ SP?}. I think the smaller hunks made it come out with a more smokey flavor.. Pretty easy to do as compared to fish etc. Mrt. 

Post Your Comment
5/21/18 @ 10:14 AM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
USER since 1/11/05

No pics, but this weekend we knocked out 75 lbs of hot dogs, 50 lbs of garlic summer with cheese/jalapeños, 40 lbs of jalapeño/cheese snack sticks, 15 lbs of ring bologna and 15 lbs of German bologna. 

Also did up a 25 lb batch of Philly bratwurst, kind of nice making something that doesn’t have to be smoked. Grilled a few up last night and they are awesome.

Post Your Comment
4/8/18 @ 7:19 AM
roofer
roofer
USER since 6/6/04

50 lbs german salami and 50 lbs of jalapeno cheddar sausage

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 170 Posts