What have you smoked lately? Q-view...

12/3/12 @ 10:05 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Gator43
Gator43
USER since 8/1/01
Just before Thanksgiving, wanted to smoke some snacks to take to my Mom's....did a Spiral ham, couple pound of mixed nuts, and I usually throw on some red taters just because. I rub a little EVOO on the taters, some seasoning, and pull them out when the main course is done. Sometimes they're not cooked all the way through, but can always be finished off when you decide how you want to cook them. I either chop and fry up, or finish off as a baked tater...red taters cook quicker... Good stuff.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 194 Posts
11/16/18 @ 4:25 AM
broz.
broz.
USER since 6/22/01

Getting the venison roast ready to smoke for the chili for deer hunting

Edited on 11/16/18 5:42 PM
Post Your Comment
11/14/18 @ 5:22 PM
Lastcastmaybeknot
Lastcastmaybeknot
USER since 4/20/16

Goose pastrami. Smoking meats forums.  Good stuff and yes it's easy

Post Your Comment
11/14/18 @ 12:48 PM
Igor
Igor
USER since 6/20/01

Sunday during all the football I burned up roughly 30lbs. of charcoal. 

-  Smoked 3 whole pheasants for this Friday's session of "World Problem Solving" at my buddy''s place for opening weekend.  Some will be saved for Tuesday through Sunday at my place

- Smoked 6 lbs of goose sausage to be used in the same manner as the pheasants.

- 2 Racks of baby-backs for dinner.

All turned out great as usual!!

Post Your Comment
11/14/18 @ 8:47 AM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
USER since 1/11/05

Isn’t pastrami just meat that is smoked after it has been corned/pickled, as opposed to cooking it another way? 

There are many good and easy Corning recipes. Tiddies posted a good one a couple of years back. I have used it and it worked great. Super easy.

Post Your Comment
11/14/18 @ 5:30 AM
zeplure
zeplure
USER since 2/11/02

Last cast can you post the recipe please I have a chunk I would like to try that with.

Post Your Comment
11/12/18 @ 8:08 PM
12packabs
12packabs
USER since 12/19/06

Yesterday my wife asked me to smoke some fresh pasta for a dish she tried at a Brooklyn restaurant a few weeks ago.

Although her rendition of what she ordered was not particularly good, smoking the pasta certainly was interesting for pasta noodles.  I did 2 hours at 220F with cherry wood in a Masterbuilt.  I smoked the fresh pasta prior to boiling.  Smoking dries it out a bit to the consistency of dried, boxed pasta, but once you boil it, it seemed normal.

I might try it again with spaghetti to add an interesting smoked flavor to the dish with marinara.

Post Your Comment
11/11/18 @ 12:56 PM
Lastcastmaybeknot
Lastcastmaybeknot
USER since 4/20/16

Got veni pastrami going now.  Best thing I've found for any big chunks of game.   Gaurunteed even the most finicky eater won't know what it is.  Did veni and good last year and the lady mixed it together when slicing. Couldn't tell what was what and could not tell any was wild game

Post Your Comment
11/10/18 @ 8:06 PM
broz.
broz.
USER since 6/22/01

Man they turn out good

Edited on 11/10/18 8:08 PM
Post Your Comment
11/10/18 @ 9:18 AM
broz.
broz.
USER since 6/22/01

5 # of hot sticks I will smoke them in the morning

Post Your Comment
10/19/18 @ 2:51 PM
prop-buster
prop-buster
USER since 6/14/05

smoked 3 racks of country style ribs last weekend, had an extra rack so threw in 5 brats and 5 Italian sausages....

on 2 racks I put Cavender's Greek seasoning and one rack Creole seasoning, like the Cavender's better but will probably just go back to Lowry's for the next batch....

oh the brats and sausages...over done...guess I will have to do them alone but they are great if chopped up in bite size pieces browned in a pan (to get hot) throw in about 3 eggs and scramble them together...was pretty good that way, especially the Italian sausages...

country style ribs are awesome reheated in a nuker if not over cooked to start with....used Apple and Hickory wood chips.....

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 194 Posts