What have you smoked lately? Q-view...

12/3/12 @ 10:05 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Gator43
Gator43
USER since 8/1/01
Just before Thanksgiving, wanted to smoke some snacks to take to my Mom's....did a Spiral ham, couple pound of mixed nuts, and I usually throw on some red taters just because. I rub a little EVOO on the taters, some seasoning, and pull them out when the main course is done. Sometimes they're not cooked all the way through, but can always be finished off when you decide how you want to cook them. I either chop and fry up, or finish off as a baked tater...red taters cook quicker... Good stuff.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 153 Posts
1/4/18 @ 1:30 PM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
USER since 3/20/02

At my 7 yo son's request I did pork rib racks for Xmas eve dinner. 3 hours on smoker with dry rub then 2 hours wrapped in foil with cider vinegar in oven at 240 then unwrapped 1 hour with homemade bourbon BBQ sauce and charred under boiler to finish. It was too cold or I was too wimpy to char outside on the grill. LOL. Fall off the bone delicious.

Post Your Comment
1/4/18 @ 7:08 AM
HotPockeT
HotPockeT
USER since 3/18/11

I don't buy their high temp cheese tho. My dad sends it to me from Kansas for half the price from a place called waltons

Edited on 1/4/18 2:53 PM
Post Your Comment
1/4/18 @ 7:00 AM
HotPockeT
HotPockeT
USER since 3/18/11

P&S seasoning in ironridge. Over by rubicon.  I live close by but if you order online anything over 50$ is free shipping.  Its all I will use for everything i make now days.

If you pay attention to all the stuff they sell at cabelas and alot of other places its all P&S seasoning that these big box stores repackage and put there name on it and jack up the price

Post Your Comment
1/4/18 @ 6:01 AM
zeplure
zeplure
MEMBER since 2/11/02

HP, Where did you get the seasoning? 

Post Your Comment
1/2/18 @ 2:27 PM
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
MEMBER since 3/14/06

@ Edge.  Look back on the Masterbuilt smoker thread.  Dodger posted a recipe of his dads brine recipe.  I got a smoker this summer and have used that recipe on white bass, catfish and sheepshead so far.  All have turned out good!  On a side note, I've been making venison jerky for several years now with just a dehydrator. This year I started it in the smoker and finished it on the dehydrator.  Outstanding !!

Post Your Comment
1/2/18 @ 12:18 PM
HotPockeT
HotPockeT
USER since 3/18/11

Mix 60/40 ground venison scrap/pork butt and P&S venison bacon cure.

I let cure in aluminum pan that holds about 6lbs overnight.

Then I pop it out of pan onto smoking rack and smoke till 147 degrees or so.

Let cool and then slice with meat slicer and vacuum seal

The one on the right I added some pepper around it before smoking

Edited on 1/2/18 12:19 PM
Post Your Comment
1/2/18 @ 11:48 AM
zeplure
zeplure
MEMBER since 2/11/02

HP please post the recipe! looks great

Post Your Comment
1/2/18 @ 11:37 AM
HotPockeT
HotPockeT
USER since 3/18/11

Venison bacon 

Edited on 1/2/18 11:37 AM
Post Your Comment
12/29/17 @ 7:28 PM
Lastcastmaybeknot
Lastcastmaybeknot
USER since 4/20/16

1c sugar. Shy cup salt. Gallon of water.  Start with that and add. Onion and garlic powder. Bp and so on.  First three ingredients alone is a basic starter. Could use that alone and have success   rinse and Pat dry after taking out of brine

Post Your Comment
12/29/17 @ 7:07 AM
Edge
Edge
MEMBER since 2/28/07

Anybody have a recipe for smoking white bass? Want to try some this season

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 153 Posts