Venison tenderloins

10/20/15 @ 6:43 AM
ORIGINAL POST
tiddies1981
tiddies1981
USER since 1/22/15
I got a doe last Friday. And immediately after gutting pulled the inner loins. Submerged them in milk til last night. Took them out and cut into little medallions the width of a strip of bacon. One drop of WorChester sauce on each one seasoned with lawrys and garlic salt, rubbed down wits olive oil. Let sit on counter for 20 mins. Wrapped in bacon and grilled. Will put it up against any fillet I've ever had. Wife and kids thought it was amazing too. Maybe this will make it easier for her to let me go hunting Big Smile
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
10/20/15 @ 9:04 AM
buckrubtaxidermy
buckrubtaxidermy
USER since 10/19/10
I have taken the inner loins out right away too thinking that the sooner the better. It is good, but not as good as letting it age. My sons youth hunt buck on Saturday is a prime example. We ate it the next day but would have been better off letting it sit in a ziplock until Wednesday. If it is too warm outside, age the meat in a refrigerator before doing anything with it. Most of us are at the mercy of nature for aging meat, one day its too cold, the next too warm. To me this is the most important factor in the quality of venison

Post Your Comment
10/20/15 @ 6:46 AM
tiddies1981
tiddies1981
USER since 1/22/15
I did pre cook bacon in microwave slightly. Only 45 seconds. Don't over cook the venison

Post Your Comment