SEARCH
MORE
Recipies & Cooking

Venison Summer Sausage

11/30/17 @ 9:35 AM
INITIAL POST
hear duck
User since 11/8/08
Looking for venison summer sausage recipes.  Please share your favorite recipes.  
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
12/26/17 @ 9:00 AM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

utahman, sent you a pm. 

12/10/17 @ 8:05 PM
utahman
User since 3/9/03

eyesman which number is the product from PS. It looks like they have four or five different ones. Is it just that 20$ kit ?Also where do you get the encapsulated citric acid?

11/30/17 @ 1:55 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

I use PS brand plain summer sausage seasoning. I do add encapsulated citric acid for a little more tang. I also add extra mustard seeds. Mix 17 lbs lean well trimmed venison with 8 lbs pork butt for a 25 lb batch. I have a home built two barrel smoker. I use a gas burner hot plate for the heat source. Apple or hickory flakes provide smoke. Grind, mix and stuff as per the directions with the seasonings. Smoke 2 hours at 90-110 degrees open dampers, add wood flakes and continue for 4-6 hours at 90-110 degrees, close dampers and raise temp to 175 and hold till 155 is reached internal. Remove from smoker and cold water shower till internal temp is under 100. Hang in cool area 1-3 days, seal and age 1-7 more days and then freeze. Saturday’s project in the pic. 

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE