LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Recipies & Cooking

Smoked meatloaf (not the crap your (my) ma made)

12/10/14 @ 9:14 PM
INITIAL POST
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11
I looked up recipes for this and used a combination of them and improvised some. I have never once liked meatloaf in my life. This is a different story. The recipes I looked up used 3/4 ground beef and 1/4 ground pork, which I'm sure would work good. I just happen to be in possession of a bunch of ground bison, which is by far superior to ground beef. Ground venison or elk would be an excellent alternative to bison. Smoked meatloaf- 1 1/2 lbs ground bison 6 oz bacon 1 smallish onion 3 fresh jalapeños 4-5 garlic cloves 2 eggs 1 qt size ziplock lightly filled with Ruffle brand potato chips (use a ruffle type potato chip) 1/4 cup BBQ sauce Dice bacon, onion and jalapeño into 1/8" pcs and mince garlic. Lightly sauté (just slightly browned) bacon, onion, jalapeño and garlic. Crush potato chips into oblivion. Beat egg. Gently mix all ingredients (including BBQ sauce). Lightly oil a piece of foil and form meatloaf into a 2" high oblong shape. Prepare grill for indirect cooking with charcoal shoved to each side of grill. Place a handful of soaked wood chips on charcoal and place meatloaf (on foil) in center of grate. Add wood chips every 20 minutes or so. Maintain grill at approx 225-250*. Cook meatloaf for about 1 1/2- 2 hrs until internal temp reaches 155*. Remove from heat and tent in foil for 20 minutes. If using ground beef, I personally would use ground pork instead of bacon because of the fat content of the beef. Bison or venison can handle the fat from the bacon.
Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts
2/20/23 @ 10:23 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02
surf n turf, there is a glitch in the Lake - Link website that doesn’t display older posts. Seldom used forum topics or fishing reports will have only a few posts or none at all. Frequently used forums or fishing reports will have several pages of posts before you get to the blank page. Lake-Link is aware and are looking into the glitch. 
2/19/23 @ 9:09 AM
surf n turf
PRO MEMBER User since 1/31/07
What happened to all the recipes? Anybody have a good 1? There use to be a post with cheese curds it.
Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE