Pickled Eggs

10/17/14 @ 4:54 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Bazinga
Bazinga
USER since 8/22/10
Does anyone have a really good pickled egg recipe? We have 12 laying hens that are producing way more than we can eat. We made some with a recipe off the internet and they suck! Looking for a good tried and true recipe.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 31 to 40 of 78 Posts
1/28/18 @ 4:55 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

Badger, I ate a metric crap ton of those eggs while in Point.  But it's been so long since I had one from Chet's, I don't remember if the taste was the same.  I remember my parent's visiting and we stopped into Chet's for a beer and I ordered a couple eggs.  My mom said that she had granny's recipe (same one I posted) and made some for me the next time I went home.  I don't recall thinking that they tasted drastically different but again, it's been years.

Is the Friendly Bar still in business?

Post Your Comment
1/27/18 @ 10:53 PM
badgerbass
badgerbass
USER since 8/20/07

Made up 2 dozen today using BT's recipe and another 1/2 dozen with some extra ingredients.

BT do your eggs taste like the ones from the Friendly Bar? Are a lot of the in the late 80's!!

Post Your Comment
1/27/18 @ 8:48 PM
tiddies1981
tiddies1981
USER since 1/22/15

Never had pickled eggs. Bit love pickled anything I've had. So trying surfnturf recipe. Looking forward to it

Post Your Comment
1/14/18 @ 1:42 PM
Mossy Horns
Mossy Horns
USER since 6/15/01

My favorite spicy Pickled Eggs. 

Ingredients: (Makes 1 doz)

2 cups white vinegar

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon pickling spice 

3 teaspoons red pepper flakes

6-8 cloves 

1 cinnamon stick

3 sliced habanero peppers

3 sliced jalapeno peppers

1 sliced red bell pepper

1/4 of a white onion

Combine all ingredients ( I leave out the Peppers and Onions) and heat in a saucepan for about 15 to 20 minutes. Stir occasionally. 

I like to layer the jar with the peppers and onions as I fill it with the eggs. Pour the brine in last. (Make sure the eggs are fully covered)

If you really want to make it potent cook all of the ingredients in the saucepan.

Post Your Comment
10/16/17 @ 7:01 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

Pre-hunt jar of eggs were gone in an hour.  I have a request for 3 dozen for the gun season.  

Advantage: The deer!

Post Your Comment
9/24/17 @ 12:49 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

Just did a dozen for pre-hunt, stand check weekend in the middle of October.

Post Your Comment
9/5/17 @ 7:56 PM
homewrecker
homewrecker
USER since 8/28/03

Mine cooled while I was peeling eggs.

Post Your Comment
9/4/17 @ 10:09 PM
6arrows
6arrows
USER since 8/30/17

Do you pour the hot brine over the eggs or let the brine cool?

Post Your Comment
6/25/17 @ 7:35 AM
homewrecker
homewrecker
USER since 8/28/03

Made my first batch can't wait. They will be ready for our 4th of July camping trip. Made one with the original recipe posted and added red pepper flakes and jalapeno peppers to a second jar.

Post Your Comment
3/6/17 @ 7:53 PM
dsinwi
dsinwi
USER since 1/24/02

My last batch was "done" SB weekend. They were good. I had a couple tonight as side with my KungPow chicken and they were excellent. I'm sure they can spoil like anything else but a month is better.... 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 31 to 40 of 78 Posts