Need a recommendation for quality a meat grinder

10/22/18 @ 12:01 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Paddle Power
Paddle Power
USER since 1/6/17

For years I've always borrowed an old plastic Oster meat grinder and while it works I consider it far from ideal. I figured it's time to pony up for my own but I don't want to buy a cheap Chinese plastic model. I'm looking to stay around $300. Does anyone have experience with the Weston Butcher Series or one of the LEM Big Bite grinders or maybe one of the Cabela's models?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
10/25/18 @ 1:47 AM
kona77
kona77
USER since 6/20/13

I also have a LEM Big Bite grinder and have been very happy with it. My brother went with the Cabela's grinder ( 3/4 size) and he has been happy with his grinder.

Post Your Comment
10/22/18 @ 4:29 PM
redhook
redhook
USER since 12/25/09

I have a 3/4 hp from Cabelas, #22 grinder. Can grind a deer twice in ten minutes. Heavy and bulky but kicks butt.

Post Your Comment
10/22/18 @ 2:16 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09

I recently bought the #12 LEM Big Bite grinder from Fleet Farm when it was on sale.  It was drastically different than the cheap one I had been using.  For the first grind when you are just putting in chunks of meat, it ground it up as fast as I could feed it.  After that you have to push in the coarse ground meat so that's not quite as quick, but still quicker than my old one.  One thing I noticed is that it didn't seem to clog up as much.  My old one would have it start pushing out the sides of the grind plate, but this one didn't do that.  Worked a lot better.

I also used the stuffing tubes it came with.  Was pretty easy to stuff sausages with it.  I did buy 2 more grinding plates for it to accommodate different sausage textures.  Overall I'm very happy with it.

Post Your Comment