SEARCH
MORE
Recipies & Cooking

Dutch Oven Walleye

8/9/17 @ 4:35 PM
INITIAL POST
Retired Yooper
User since 8/9/17

Does anyone have a recipe for baking walleye in a Dutch oven?

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
11/24/17 @ 9:09 AM
TimDenvers
User since 11/16/17

"Find a crab cake recipe (I sometimes replace the crab with chopped crawfish tail meat). Butter the Dutch oven well. Season walleye filets with a Cajun or southwest style seasoning. Place a layer of filets on the bottom, crab cake mixture, then another layer of filets, butter and fresh lemon juice on top. Cook UNCOVERED on a grill or oven at 400* for about 1/2 hr. I made this based on a crab stuffed flounder recipe and modified it. By far one of the best ways I've found to cook fish. I do just use a cast iron skillet tho.

If you're looking for some kind of long, slowly cooked recipe, don't do it with walleyes. They'll lose all flavor and disintegrate. Steelhead might hold up to that."

Thanks! This looks great!

8/22/17 @ 7:37 AM
Retired Yooper
User since 8/9/17

Thanks. I usually bake walleye using egg and shore lunch in a regular oven. I was wondering if a Dutch oven would give it the same effect.

8/12/17 @ 10:46 AM
migr8r
migr8r
User since 2/8/11

Find a crab cake recipe (I sometimes replace the crab with chopped crawfish tail meat). Butter the Dutch oven well. Season walleye filets with a Cajun or southwest style seasoning. Place a layer of filets on the bottom, crab cake mixture, then another layer of filets, butter and fresh lemon juice on top. Cook UNCOVERED on a grill or oven at 400* for about 1/2 hr. I made this based on a crab stuffed flounder recipe and modified it. By far one of the best ways I've found to cook fish. I do just use a cast iron skillet tho.  

If you're looking for some kind of long, slowly cooked recipe, don't do it with walleyes. They'll lose all flavor and disintegrate. Steelhead might hold up to that.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE