SEARCH
MORE
Recipies & Cooking

Canned venison

12/16/18 @ 9:53 AM
INITIAL POST
Musky99
User since 8/8/11

I got a tough deer this year and I am looking for ideas on what to do with it.

friend said he knows of someone that cans all of their venison and it is very tender.

i have no idea what to do?

can I do this with an insatpot?

any recipes I should try? 

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
12/19/18 @ 11:08 AM
mapper
User since 1/4/02

I'll second what BugleTrout said. I bought an All American as well 4 years ago and I'm very pleased with it for all the reasons mentioned. Like Bugle said they are pricier than others, but without the seal they are pretty much a lifetime purchase. Very easy to use and hold temp (controls pressure) very well. Only thing I would do different is to get the model that will hold two levels of pint jars. It would be a lot more efficient to be able to do 14-16 pints at a time versus 7-8. Especially when I'm canning meat that has a longer processing time.

Mapper

12/19/18 @ 9:59 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

After reading a lot of reviews, I went with an All American. Made in WI and not exactly reasonable but it will be the only pressure canner I’ll ever need. No seals, no fuss and built like a tank.

12/18/18 @ 10:34 PM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03

Can anyone recommend a good pressure cooker for a decent price? I saw one at farm and fleet for 89.99 made by nesco..I havn't had canned venison in 10 or more years all this talk has my mouth watering 

12/16/18 @ 1:24 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

Use a pressure cooker to can your venison. Follow the instructions that come with the pressure cooker. I can do 10 pints at a time. Process for 75 minutes at 11 lbs pressure. You will need about one pound of meat for each pint. Somewhere on this site there is a forum about recipes on how to use it once it has been canned. The Insta Pot works for cook and eat but I don’t think it works to can and preserve food. 

12/16/18 @ 11:40 AM
Musky99
User since 8/8/11

thanks

12/16/18 @ 10:01 AM
fltlndr
User since 12/25/02

In the search box type in canned venison.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE