Breakfast sausage w/maple syrup in it

4/6/16 @ 9:07 AM
ORIGINAL POST
8 pointer
8 pointer
USER since 2/12/13
Has anybody tried to do this? If so how would you go about doing it in bulk?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
8/3/16 @ 9:46 PM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12

About 10 of us get together once a year, and we grind and season our own sausage. We typically grind about 1000 pounds, yes I said 1000. We make lots of 25 lbs batches because that is what our mixer can handle. We make fresh brats, fresh Italian, fresh breakfast. For maple breakfast, we just add pure maple syrup to the mixer along we the seasonings.

Post Your Comment
4/6/16 @ 6:58 PM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
I dont know about sausage making but Ive had venison sausage with maple sugar in it. Good stuff. Butcher didnt use enough so you taste the maple sugar but it did have a mild and unique flavor. So that might be one way to make it and maybe it wont be as messy as adding liquid syrup.

Post Your Comment
4/6/16 @ 12:31 PM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
USER since 5/29/06
Red hook summed it up pretty good. Just add syrup to your meat and seasonings and mix it in. I've done both patties and links. Find a few recipes that sound good to you and follow that. Len Poli is always a good start for recipes

Post Your Comment
4/6/16 @ 9:14 AM
redhook
redhook
USER since 12/25/09
Niece made some with her dad's home made syrup and it was very good, she used venison and it was a little dry so use enough fat to keep it from sticking in the pan (sugar from syrup burning onto the pan)

Post Your Comment