Baked carppie

4/24/14 @ 3:08 PM
ORIGINAL POST
broz.
broz.
USER since 6/22/01
It's baked, but mmmmmmm good A quick little recipe that we had this evening Crappie in Orange butter oven - 450 bout 2 lbs of fillets 4 tsp of grated orange peel ( stop before you hit the white, orange is good) 4 tsp of orange juice 6 teaspoons of melted butter grease your baking pan, dish rinse and pat dry your fillets line the bottom of your cookin dish mix the above ingredients and pour over your fillets peel your orange, take half of your slices and spread them around on top of the fillets, eat the other half cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes, depending on slab size I don't know which is better the orange crappie or the crappie oranges It's baked, but mmmmmmm good A quick little recipe that we had this evening Crappie in Orange butter oven - 450 bout 2 lbs of fillets 4 tsp of grated orange peel ( stop before you hit the white, orange is good) 4 tsp of orange juice 6 teaspoons of melted butter grease your baking pan, dish rinse and pat dry your fillets line the bottom of your cookin dish mix the above ingredients and pour over your fillets peel your orange, take half of your slices and spread them around on top of the fillets, eat the other half cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes, depending on slab size I don't know which is better the orange crappie or the crappie oranges
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 Posts
10/2/14 @ 12:49 PM
RiverGuy
RiverGuy
USER since 6/20/03
I prefer baked Crappie over baked Carppie! Never was much of a carp eater hehe.

I've been eating more and more baked panfish lately, especially crappies. I've been putting on a light sprinkle of lemmon pepper seasoning, and then a liberal amount of dried dill seasoning, it's not real strong so don't worry about putting on too much dill. A light sprinkle of onion powder is also good for a light flavor but don't overdo it. Some pans we put thin sliced Roma tomatoes atop the fish, some we don't. I prefer with tomatoes.

Good stuff, quick and easy, no messin with fryer, probably better for me too. Never will tastes as good as fried though, whether breaded in Shore Lunch or slathered in beer batter made with Labatt's.

Post Your Comment