SEARCH
MORE
Panfish Fishing

Wolf River, Lake Poygan area

2/9/18 @ 9:44 AM
INITIAL POST
The Muskie Kid
PRO MEMBER User since 12/11/02

Hi Friends, never fished the Wolf River or area lakes, Poygan, Winneconne, Butte Des Mortis.  Is the river a better choice?  Tend to fish bays, inlets, islands, shoreline, not much on open water!  Heard a lot about the white bass and walleye spring runs. Looking for 4 days, early to mid June.  Any advice tips, best spots appreciated.  Husband and wife only, 'nice' cabin w/ boat & motor rental would be great!  Looking for slab gills, crappie, perch, white bass, walleye.  Thanks!  

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
5/29/18 @ 4:59 PM
mac da gaff
mac da gaff
PRO MEMBER User since 9/23/01

Don't be afraid to trailer your boat to some of the channels and back water areas around Winneconne. I've had great days for bigger gills in the back channels and slack water between the Wolf and Fox Rivers. Local inland lakes in Waushara County are gems for oversize Gills and a few larger Crappies.

Good luck, Mac

2/12/18 @ 2:07 PM
7thson
User since 6/4/06

We used to live in Fremont and fish the sloughs up past Gils landing . Check a map and you'll see it . I can't remember the name but if the water level is up enough , you can motor ( slowly) into the slough . I always found crappie at the edge of the lily pads in there , bass too !

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE