SEARCH
MORE
Panfish Fishing

winnebago bluegills

8/29/17 @ 11:51 AM
INITIAL POST
gram
User since 11/11/14

Was hoping to locate some south end spots to try out.

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
1/22/18 @ 10:11 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

Go out and try a spot. That's why it's called fishing.

Grab your locator,  go out and start fishing.  Those gills are crusing.  you can get em anywhere.  This time of year you can get them in the bay,  you can get them anywhere on the whole south end...you just have to keep moving.  No people don't mean no fish.  Most times we find them there is nobody w in a mile. You go back the next day and the freeloaders see you again,  they have to camp right on top of you.  Monkey see monkey do out there.  Bugs the chit out of me.  

There are so many perch in the lake right now,  you literally can go anywhere down there and will not go home empty handed.

1/22/18 @ 5:23 AM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
User since 12/7/05

To locate those spots, you'll need an auger, gas, camera/flasher and a couple rods with jigs...I would also recommend a GPS since it would suck to find a good spot on a lake that big and have to do all that work to find it again year after year...

Seriously tho...guys (like me) spend hundreds of hours studying maps, drilling, checking holes and saving waypoints to find spots with solid fish. Not many are going to come on an internet forum and give those spots out to others like candy on Halloween. Don't take offense, but you are basically asking everyone to give up something that *most* have had to work very hard to get.

Good luck in getting someone to give you spots to catch nice gills. There is a reason guides charge a couple hundred bucks a day to take clients out...you're not paying for their time to take you out, you're paying for all the hours they spent drilling, walking and checking to find the 2 or 3 spots they take you to get you on fish.

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE