SEARCH
MORE
Panfish Fishing

Still Spawning?

6/21/19 @ 9:40 AM
INITIAL POST
fishinfool1
User since 3/14/10

Where are you and are the Bluegill still spawning?

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
6/28/20 @ 11:58 PM
StorminNormin1957
User since 2/6/17

Just spent a week in vilas county, water temps, depending on lake and weather conditions, started out at 66 degrees, and by yesterday, 6-27 pretty much  72 to 74.  Gills were in various depths, some spawning in 2 ft., others were found in 8 to 12 feet, above the cabbage. And even the deeper gills were nice sized, but some spawned out, some were not. Interesting. Had to move more to get a fish fry of better fish put together.  Crappie bite was tough for me, just one or two a day while fishing for gills.  LM bass were aggressive on artificials, I release them all, but still fun.

6/26/20 @ 5:35 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06

Waukesha county,  caught some 9 to 10 inch gills still spawning in 7 to 8 ft of water on a deep, clear lake. Released a couple 10 inch girls full of spawn

6/26/20 @ 2:45 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

I fished one of the Madison chain lakes last week Sunday. Water temp was 76 and of the 21 bluegills I caught that day 19 of them were females and still full of eggs.  They definitely spawn at different times and at different depths.  I've caught them in as deep as 12 feet of water while they were spawning.  This is especially true on deeper, hard pressured bodies of water.

6/26/20 @ 11:54 AM
fjw
User since 9/22/11

Waupaca area lakes: still getting gills with eggs , deep weed edges last night with multiple big gills still full. 

7/9/19 @ 12:58 PM
Igor
User since 6/20/01

I took some pumpkinseeds home Sunday from Pewaukee and the males were squirting.

7/4/19 @ 12:35 PM
7thson
User since 6/4/06

I Live in northwest Douglas county , most have bedded and spawned but, there are some still on beds in some of the lakes .Caught some on Tuesday full of eggs yet , released .

7/2/19 @ 8:16 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I cleaned a crappie on Sunday that still had eggs in her. They were mushy like they're being re-absorbed. Guessing that the numerous cold fronts kept them from spawning this year. This was in Oneida County.

7/1/19 @ 7:23 PM
Flyrod Man
User since 8/13/09

N/Central Wi.  Bluegills because of the weather did not bed, so they won't spawn.

6/25/19 @ 7:59 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I was up in Vilas last week. Gills were shallow and biting voraciously. Most still had full bellies so we released every one we caught. With the temps this week, I’d bet they’ll drop by Monday of next week. 

6/25/19 @ 11:22 AM
Flyrod Man
User since 8/13/09
Many of the gills this year will not spawn due to weather, gills will make 3 attempts to get on the beds, if conditions are not right they will not spawn.  To rough  water or water temp's not good etc.
Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE