Perch and Crappie lakes

1/11/16 @ 3:34 PM
ORIGINAL POST
fish-slayer123
fish-slayer123
USER since 1/30/15
Whats the best lakes for perch and crappies. Like the kind of lakes were you almost catch them at will.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
4/10/17 @ 2:38 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Echo Lake in Burlington is rumored to have lots of both!!!! 

Post Your Comment
2/27/17 @ 6:18 PM
jkb
jkb
USER since 6/25/02

Don't forget Mud , Spring and Long Lakes Bugle.

Post Your Comment
2/5/17 @ 7:56 PM
squirrellman
squirrellman
USER since 4/7/06

I'm becoming frustrated with ice fishing-I bought a camera to see the bottom and also observe fish and thats been all I've been doing-observing.  I had one 30 minute period of action and then all of a sudden the perch became sniffers.  I've tried small jigs, small spoons with rattles, Hali's and just cant get them to bite.  I've used waxies, spikes, minnow heads and even chicken skin to no avail.  I'm almost starting to think it could be certain oils from my skin but not sure on that yet.  Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated

Post Your Comment
1/11/16 @ 10:39 PM
musky1011
musky1011
USER since 7/4/05
Bucky's

Post Your Comment
1/11/16 @ 6:34 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01
All kidding aside, I don't think that most people would post that info here or any public forum for all to see. Especially for smaller bodies of water. The lake our place is on had an outstanding crappie fishery when we first bought our property 16 years ago. Crappies as big as 15" were not terribly uncommon. I wish pop and I would have done a stringer mount of some of the 15 - 16"ers that we caught. Somewhere around 7 or 8 springs ago, a local guide caught a 17" crappie and posted it in the local paper and included where he caught it. The next weekend, there were 15 trucks and trailers at the launch where there had only been a couple on any given Saturday. The lake got cleaned out in pretty much one season. It's just starting to come back this year. And the name of that lake is....good luck with your quest.

Post Your Comment
1/11/16 @ 6:13 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01
Pike, Bass and Round Lakes are all good places to start.

Post Your Comment