INITIAL POST
gunnysack
User since 2/24/06

Anyone fish this with a minnow ?

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
5/18/18 @ 9:57 AM
gunnysack
User since 2/24/06

I fished it just the way it is and it worked ! As a matter of fact outfished a buddy 2 to 1 and he was using reg crappie hook and a minnow I am confident that this is a rig i will continue to use .  

5/11/18 @ 7:42 AM
gunnysack
User since 2/24/06

Not yet ,work commitments have not let me ! Hoping soon .

5/8/18 @ 1:32 PM
FamilyManDan
User since 6/18/13

Just curious, gunny, did you try it, any success??

4/18/18 @ 7:57 PM
gunnysack
User since 2/24/06

The hooks are no 6 and no4 Mustad ,the beads are Miyuki glass seed beads for attractant.  

4/18/18 @ 7:49 PM
gunnysack
User since 2/24/06

I watched a you tube video and a guide on the Chippewa  Flowage was using a very similar set up with a glow bead .maybe 4mm. They were fishing it under a bobber with a split shot . The jig hook  was horizontal . With live bait minnow hooked through the lips up through  the nostrils , they said the crappies will be hooked in the mouth rather than the lips. And from what i watched it was very effective. 

4/17/18 @ 8:39 AM
perch chaser
User since 2/6/03

While personally I wouldn't use that setup on live bait. People twitch for gills and crappies all the time using small bobbers and tiny jigs. Most thread on small micro plastic such as gulp minnows, pretty effective in shallow water. A non weighted  hook would  give you a  slow drop if that's one is looking for. A micro split shot can always be added to the line.

4/17/18 @ 7:56 AM
perch chaser
User since 2/6/03

Seeing this is a pan fish thread the picture might be a little misleading. He might be thinking about slipping a bead onto a small jig hook such a #6,8,or10. If you super-glue it over the bend, or add small plastic, I suppose that would work? Innovation and different ideas is what makes fishing so great.

4/14/18 @ 9:08 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

I’m not sure I follow....

You are using a jig hook, only there isn’t a lead head.

I don’t get it 

4/14/18 @ 5:11 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

That is a joig hook, you don't want to try and fish that as a live bait hook

4/14/18 @ 9:15 AM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

Not me. Why would you try that?

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE