hot bait

1/26/15 @ 7:17 PM
ORIGINAL POST
grizwald
grizwald
USER since 2/6/09
Seems like every year there is some bait I buy that is the new hot bait. This year it's the drop jig by clam outdoors. What are some of your hot jigs or spoons this season? Big Smile
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 17 Posts
12/7/17 @ 6:31 PM
Lastcastmaybeknot
Lastcastmaybeknot
USER since 4/20/16

My buddy used to use an orange and green purist. He didn't fish a ton and I'm sure it was the same one on the same line. Never re-tied for a few years. I'd throw the kitchen sink at them and he usually out fished me.  Just can't get into the purist. I'm lousy

Post Your Comment
12/6/17 @ 9:35 AM
perch chaser
perch chaser
USER since 2/6/03

Hot bait is always the guy at the end of the rod. Oldie but goodie, purist fished bare and no wt. Need lotsa patience to use it properly.

Post Your Comment
11/16/17 @ 9:44 AM
Hans Ryder
Hans Ryder
USER since 6/5/17

These have been around about 10 years now.  I think Akara is just re packaging them and marking them up.  But they are good wherever fish are foraging in mud. 

Post Your Comment
11/14/17 @ 10:50 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04

I have never had great luck with blood worm imitators.   I dont target perch as much as crappie/gills though.  I just do not know any good perch lakes that have any size worth fishing for.  

Post Your Comment
11/13/17 @ 7:45 PM
Lastcastmaybeknot
Lastcastmaybeknot
USER since 4/20/16

Got some akara blood worms the other day. Anyone tried them?  Gotta be the ticket

Post Your Comment
11/21/15 @ 9:40 PM
Perchhound
Perchhound
USER since 12/5/07
New plastic to try this year is one that actually looks like a wiggler. I can never find real ones for perch and they are getting crazy expensive when you do. My new plastic wigglers look very realistic. Found them on Ebay.

Post Your Comment
11/21/15 @ 4:08 PM
.Pan Handler.
.Pan Handler.
USER since 5/8/08
Billy, Gussy is from Janesville. Used to talk to him a lot back when I worked at dorns. He actually plucks whiskers from his cat to get those perfect zebra stripes on his jigs. Great jigs I have tons of them!

Post Your Comment
11/19/15 @ 7:30 PM
A5¢
A5¢
MEMBER since 6/15/09
They are nice looking spoons. And they do look like a Flutter Spoon. But this is not the first time that Bob from Custom Jigs and Spins has a new product and shortly after, Northland comes out with something very close to it.

Post Your Comment
11/18/15 @ 2:45 PM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04
don't get me wrong - I am going to go buy some of those jigs Cool

this is one of more interesting new baits out IMO

basically a proven slender spoon with rattles.

http://www.northlandtackle.com/Product/product.taf?_function=detail&_ID=1369

Post Your Comment
11/18/15 @ 12:55 PM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04
I dont think I would qualify a standard tungsten jig (no matter the paint job) as a hot bait. I am not saying you can't be picky about the jigs you fish because of quality, robustness and confidence in paint...but they are not going to appreciably generate more bites than any other tungsten jig.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 17 Posts