Gulp/Gulp Alive Storage

4/19/16 @ 1:14 PM
ORIGINAL POST
JustPerchinAround
JustPerchinAround
USER since 1/16/14
Just curious how you guys store this stuff. It seems to turn into a mess no matter what. Any suggestions or remedies for this? Thanks!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
6/28/16 @ 5:45 AM
Gimper
Gimper
USER since 11/27/01

I pulled out some Pork Crawlers I opened last year and then put into a small zip freezer bag and stored in my tackle bag in the closet. They were still like new and I caught fish on them. Gulp is so messy. The Pork Crawlers are a LOT more durable and you can cut them down to any size you want.

Post Your Comment
6/19/16 @ 5:57 PM
jbird68
jbird68
MEMBER since 1/24/05

I prefer using Berkley Honey worms for Panfish. They are harder to find now that gulp alive has hit the stores. Honey worms are not messy and sticky like Alive! Jars don't leak either. 

Edited on 6/19/16 5:58 PM
Post Your Comment
4/23/16 @ 7:22 AM
GUS MAX 2
GUS MAX 2
USER since 1/30/12
Plano makes a container just for baits stored in liquid. They work great. Clear with a red lid.

Post Your Comment
4/20/16 @ 2:33 PM
paddler1
paddler1
MEMBER since 12/10/14
Personally I haven't used Gulp! Alive in years mainly due to the PIA it is with the container leaking, and I've found the bagged gulp minnows to be more limber. Just make sure the bag is sealed or it will dry out quickly. I even go as far as to seal it in between bait changes.

I do like the thermos idea though, but probably any container with a gasket would work.

Post Your Comment
4/20/16 @ 11:45 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04
I think the best answer for Gulp Alive is thermos. the stuff just gets through other liquid tight containers.

Post Your Comment