Chima bait, anyone use it?

2/25/14 @ 7:20 AM
ORIGINAL POST
ol sarge
ol sarge
USER since 3/8/04
I saw this bait on Midwest outdoors and I was hoping someone could tell me the correct name and where to buy it. I belive it is called chima bait, comes in a container and is in role form. You just tear off a strip and put it on the hook and you are good for about 20 fish before you have to rebait. The stuff looks good but I did not catch the whole segment and I can not find it on the internet. It looks like it would beat crawler just from not having to keep it cool. If you know what I am talking about, please let me know or PM me. Thanks! Tim
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
7/15/14 @ 2:46 PM
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
AllDayIDreamAboutSmallies
MEMBER since 3/14/06
Mikrut's bait shop across from the Delevan boat launch had it this past winter!

Post Your Comment
2/25/14 @ 8:33 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01
sarge,

It's called Chena Bait. You can either buy it online or some bait shops carry it. I usually stop at Bremmer's Bait in Pelican Lake and buy my little container of it when I go up north for first ice. Bluegills love it as do crappies. I also use up the rest of it if there's any left when the ice goes out for gills.

Post Your Comment
2/25/14 @ 8:19 AM
piker_biker
piker_biker
USER since 12/27/07
Chena bait. Yes it works quite well. It will last for 100+ fish. It's basically rolled up waxworm leather. About $4 for a container. One container lasts me about 2 winters. I only jig after gamefish closes and theres still ice though. Wiggles nicely on the hook. A small triangle shaped piece works best for me.

Post Your Comment