Best set up for shore fishing

8/8/18 @ 8:32 AM
ORIGINAL POST
catmandooo
catmandooo
USER since 7/18/18

I know panfishing is pretty basic.Any favorite ways to fish for them from shore?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
8/26/18 @ 9:52 PM
Lake king
Lake king
USER since 7/13/18

7’6” light extra fast tip.  4 pound maxima and a 1000 Shimano reel. Rocket bobber for long range casting or foam weighted for closer casting pitching.  With the small rocket bobber on this set up I can almost cast the entire spool of line. I’ve tried the 9-10’ rods and like this set up myself much better.

Edited on 8/26/18 9:52 PM
Post Your Comment
8/15/18 @ 6:09 PM
hallpass
hallpass
USER since 7/6/01

My go-to rig is a long crappie rod, as well.  I use a larger thill slip bobber and put on two good-sized split shots and a 1/32 jig head so the bobber still floats, but it doesn’t take much to pull it under.  You can flip it bass style for close in work and cast it like a light surf rod if you ever want to go beyond a distant weed line.  I use six pound test.  The soft rod tip is really forgiving.

Post Your Comment
8/13/18 @ 8:32 AM
jaybeeturtle
jaybeeturtle
USER since 3/17/06

I do the same as Sveitrum, except i use a 10 ft crappie rod. The long rod is important, you can make much longer casts with a 10 ft vs. a 6 ft rod. 

Post Your Comment
8/8/18 @ 12:16 PM
svitreum
svitreum
USER since 8/29/06

I only do this in the spring and fall when the gills are close to shore and accessible. I use a long rod, 7'6" with a fast action, and 4 lb test. Almost always use a balsa float and a micro jig with plastic/gulp/waxies, etc.

Post Your Comment