Winnebago System Muskies

4/16/15 @ 4:02 PM
ORIGINAL POST
get the frabill
get the frabill
USER since 3/23/12
I have been doing some research on musky stocking in Lake Winnebago and am wondering if anyone has had any luck casting or trolling the system for muskies? I am not looking for spots or locations but simply if anyone has any info on hours spent on the water.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
5/5/15 @ 1:30 PM
WiscoMuskys
WiscoMuskys
USER since 1/19/12
I have caught musky in the tributaries to the system, not the lakes them selves. I do know a few people that catch ski regularly out there, on poygan and bago. I think the rivers and tributaries are much easier to learn and i have had good success on them

Post Your Comment
4/20/15 @ 3:00 PM
KenK
KenK
USER since 6/19/01
It is a really low density fishery, but I'm sure there are some good ones in there. Finding them is a whole different story.

Post Your Comment
4/19/15 @ 11:44 AM
Nick Schumacher
Nick Schumacher
USER since 1/10/05
We started experimenting last year but never really devoted enough time to it since we spend 99% of it targeting other fish, mainly perch. We do our musky fishing up in Vilas and Upper Michigan. Dad and I are going to try some new things right away this season for musky on Winnebago, though. I'll get back to you at a later date about our experience.

Although there is some Winnebago musky information out there, it's scarce relative to other large systems. Guys are tight-lipped about musky fishing on this lake and won't give you a sliver of information. This is expected, but nonetheless annoying for learning new water.

Post Your Comment