SEARCH
MORE
Musky Fishing

Used Muskie boats

4/2/18 @ 8:56 PM
INITIAL POST
smithmerlin
User since 1/20/13

I'm looking for a 10-20 year old aluminum boat for muskie fishing.  I would be fishing alone for the most part, and I have a big concern about working over the side of the boat handling a muskie and getting it released as healthy and as quickly as possible.  I currently use an old 14ft Lund and it's a little cramped, and would like to move up to a 16-17 footer.

If I were a young pup I wouldn't be concerned about how easy it is to work over the side...  But since I'm sort of an old fat fart I must deal issues that don't concern the younger folks.

Thank you for your time, and I would be very grateful for your thoughts and suggestions...

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
4/20/18 @ 8:51 PM
Rocky2
User since 4/8/13

I have an 18 ft Lund Alaskan. They also make a 16 ft. model. Doesn't have a raised front deck, so you have a nice open cockpit intmhe front end to work with. I actually now prefer being lower to the water. Makes for easier figure eights and netting. 

4/3/18 @ 5:37 AM
MuskyManiac5
MuskyManiac5
User since 4/20/07

I have an Alumacraft Classic 165 CS, and I bought it for that reason.  I'm a musky fisherman who fishes alone, and on my boat are two rod lockers that run along each side.  I can easily sit on them and with a little body twist work on a fish in the landing net.  Also if I chose to stand I can place one knee on that locker to work the fish.  I love my boat, as it works best for me.

4/2/18 @ 9:21 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
PRO MEMBER User since 12/9/08

smithmerlin,

2 aluminum boats that come to mind are the Alumacraft Classic Deluxe or the Dominator.  Both have lower overall side height than the newer, deeper aluminum models.  In addition, I see these for sale used quite often.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE