MEMBER since 6/30/01
What do you recommend,trouble finding ones I like
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
5/26/15 @ 10:00 AM
muskie nut
muskie nut
MEMBER since 6/26/01
Two types of steel leaders. Stranded and single also known as piano wire. Like what was said, single strand - make our own, very simple and easy to do. I have a pdf write up on making them and you can get a copy by emailing me at gerardh882 to my yahoo account.

Multi-stranded - I like Leaders and Lures brand as they are 21 or 19 stranded stainless steel and very very durable. I have caught 5 muskies to 46 inches on one single leader and it was still good. I know of two guides that have caught over 50 muskies and numerous pike on just one of those Leader and Lures leader. As I said very durable. This is the same stuff they use to turn rudders on small aircraft. Gene has a crimping machine that crimps it right every time as you know too little pressure and the wire will pull out of the crimp and too heavy and you can damage the wire - either case its not good news if you hook a big one.

So what one are you talking about and what don't you like about the leaders that are out there? Lenght? Hardware?

Post Your Comment
5/26/15 @ 9:15 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03
http://www.stealthtackle.net/

Stealth Leaders are very good. And they have all kinds. 7 strand, single wire, flouro, spring....etc. Check them out and decide what kind of leader you want.

Great guys there and they helped me out in a pinch last year. Got me the spring leaders I needed in a very short amount of time.

Post Your Comment
5/25/15 @ 12:23 AM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
Solid wire, make my own.

Post Your Comment