SEARCH
MORE
Musky Fishing

Musky Net

4/17/17 @ 3:21 PM
INITIAL POST
rowtroll
User since 9/22/10

Looking for recommendations on a new musky net. I have a 16' aluminum boat so not alot of room to stow it out of the way.

Price is a factor, too.

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
4/23/20 @ 6:44 PM
NPike_Guy
NPike_Guy
User since 8/25/08

If you're by yourself I would go for a stowmaster, they're compact and light enough for you to net a fish with one hand. People complain about the mesh being too fine but so long as you're not lifting fish out of the water in the net they tend not to roll in it. I've had mine for ten years and I'm still on the original bag, (granted there's definitely some cable ties keeping former holes closed).

4/21/20 @ 8:02 PM
samfox
User since 3/17/09

Beckman, net of a lifetime 

4/21/20 @ 4:36 PM
hook, line and sinker
hook, line and sinker
User since 4/10/03

Any suggestions?  I usually musky fish by myself and have lost way too many over the years.  Time for an upgrade.  What do musky hunters recommend for any sliding nets? 

Thanks and Tight Lines. 

11/5/18 @ 2:56 AM
h2ofowlmedic
User since 9/7/08

We still use that old quick cradle. It works well for big fish and musky nets are expensive so we have no need to change.

11/3/18 @ 9:06 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
PRO MEMBER User since 12/9/08
This post is not in response to the OP's question, but rather on a unique musky net from the past.

Anybody remember the Frabill Kwik Kradle designed by Pete Maina?  I picked one up on clearance from Fleet Farm 15+ years ago and kept it in storage for all these years....never used.  I was cleaning up my musky tackle for the season and came across it tucked away in my garage.  It still has the tags on it.  I may just take it out next year and give it a try.  A couple of my friends back then used this net alot.

edit - spelling

4/21/17 @ 7:21 AM
BigShow0003
PRO MEMBER User since 7/28/09

I use a Stowmaster and think there is some benefit to collapsing the net so it's out of the way. I wasn't wild about the Stowmaster bag though - ended up replacing the bag with a Frabill. Huge improvement.

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE