Musky Armor's Krisco & Krave lures (ANY GOOD?)

10/11/13 @ 4:22 PM
ORIGINAL POST
zilo85
zilo85
USER since 7/16/09
I bought a couple of Musky Armor's baits a while back after watching an episode of Keye's Outdoors. I figured why not. However, i have yet to get anything on them. I did have an upper 40's follow up one time, but that's about it. I'm not new to musky fishing, but it is one of the only baits i have that has never produced a fish for me. Of course i have a hand full of lures that are my favorites and that have always caught me muskie. But I was just curious If anyone else in the musky fishing community has had great success with these particular lures?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 Posts
5/31/15 @ 7:11 PM
Walter Krause
Windmill99
USER since 5/22/15
I have a lot of different colors in both raves and rave jrs. I like to troll the rave jr in the prop wash. I found that the krave jr and jointed believers work very good in the prop. If the believer does not work the rave jr does. One of my best colors for the prop wash has been a bright orange yellow color and a copper gold color in the krave jr. Work the krave just like you would a 10 inch jake or grand ma. Some colors will work better in some lakes and not in others. You have experiment with colors in the lakes you fish.

Walter's Fishing Guide Service
(618) 972-5584
Post Your Comment
9/22/14 @ 3:41 PM
rapture
rapture
USER since 2/15/06
I just traded for a pair of them. Thanks for the feedback comments. cant wait to use em.

Post Your Comment
9/18/14 @ 11:45 AM
get the frabill
get the frabill
USER since 3/23/12
Great baits. My success on them has been casting and workign them as agressive as my body will alow. vicious strikes. great trolling bait too.

Post Your Comment
7/18/14 @ 12:10 PM
MuskyHunter08
MuskyHunter08
USER since 10/22/08
Crisco's and Krave's are all knock off's of the Tuff shad. The tuff shad is where its at.

Post Your Comment
5/20/14 @ 11:27 AM
J-Man 2.0
J-Man 2.0
USER since 4/16/14
The 9" Krave has been a good performer for me while trolling the rocks up here on Lake of the Woods in the fall.

I haven't casted mine, but it would make a good bait to crash into the shallow rocks too.

J-Man

Post Your Comment
11/13/13 @ 11:28 AM
SimpleMan 35
SimpleMan 35
USER since 11/7/13
I bought the Krisco....like you, I have had not luck with it to date. However, MAN....it looks great in the water so I am sure it is only a matter of time & use until it gets smashed. I am very happy with how it runs as well.

Post Your Comment
10/16/13 @ 8:29 AM
Dave1234
Dave1234
USER since 9/8/09
Krave's are great trolling baits. I have had trips where they are only bait that got hit. I also have friends that are guide that when things get tough they will run all kraves and get bit!

Dave

Post Your Comment
10/12/13 @ 7:23 PM
Nick Schumacher
Nick Schumacher
USER since 1/10/05
Zilo, I bought a Musky Armor Krave Jr crank after stumbling on Keyes Outdoors videos this summer. The one I picked out is the bluegill pattern.

I used the lure frequently during this past summer and had good success. It's become one of my favorite new lures, especially for cranks. It's easier to work than some other cranks as well, such as the straight model Depth Raider. I constantly work my cranks like twitch baits, giving them sweeps, jerks, pauses, and steady retrieves - I never do a steady retrieve.

Edited on 11/23/13 6:12 PM
Post Your Comment
10/11/13 @ 8:29 PM
Max Rap
Max Rap
USER since 12/29/12
I have heard good things about the Crisco being an excellent crank to use after dark. I have not used these myself yet but do have them on my list of lures to buy/try next year.

Post Your Comment