home made baits vs store bought?

9/23/14 @ 11:18 AM
ORIGINAL POST
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10
just recently started about a year ago making our own bucktails. Very educational!! You can make any color, shape, size from deer hair to feathers and blades galore! Yes there is the right time to use blades etc.. dont get me wrong I do fish with store bought baits such as a bulldawg, but the gratification of catching a monster on something you made is pretty cool. this fish was on a blade yes there was a happy dance on that one!!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 61 to 70 of 86 Posts
9/22/15 @ 12:13 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10
making some new bucktail colors for the tournament on pewaukee this weekend new secret color!!! This one my husband wanted me to try (No its not hot pink!) Will keep you posted if it works Smile Kiss

Post Your Comment
9/14/15 @ 6:33 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10
Big girl was 47.5 inches and hit at boat side just coming into my figure 8. Yes now I believe the importance of a figure 8!! Bent the homemade Boubuck almost in half!! (Yes it was electric/hot pink). And husband asked you only made one???

Post Your Comment
9/14/15 @ 8:53 AM
muskie nut
muskie nut
USER since 6/26/01
And of course in hot pink!!

Real men don't throw pink, we throw bubblegum!! Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile

Post Your Comment
9/13/15 @ 5:01 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10
Yes once again the Bou buck musky bait does it again!! And of course in hot pink!! My biggest to date this season the year is not over yet but it is hard to bow hunt or musky fish what's a girl to do!!

Post Your Comment
4/24/15 @ 1:19 AM
fishfinder101
fishfinder101
USER since 1/1/10
I have a few ways to flare out my bucktails. A couple of the easiest ways that you can try us cutting an egg sinker in half, putting the skirt on backwards like a dream Catcher or just building up your wraps more. Some times I'll even pull the hair forward and wrap right up behind it. Once you've tied enough and use a certain. Amount of hair, thread and pressure you'll get to where you can do it by just a regular wrap. I've found that different parts of the tail work better or lay different than other sections of the deer tail.

Post Your Comment
4/22/15 @ 1:03 PM
1cast-away
1cast-away
USER since 2/2/09
Crappie and a pike pattern I did today. Can't wait to get them wet and see how they look in the water.

Post Your Comment
4/20/15 @ 9:03 PM
1cast-away
1cast-away
USER since 2/2/09
Few more I did the past few days. At least this cold and rain is good for doing something.

Post Your Comment
4/6/15 @ 6:36 PM
jlkohl
jlkohl
USER since 6/9/02
A couple that I made a few years ago...my biggest to date (tickling 53" measured in the water)came on a homemade double 10. That one had a rattle chamber in the body (much like the Vibrax). Fun stuff..

Post Your Comment
2/28/15 @ 5:08 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10
Finally done dying deer tails 10 different colors including white. 30 tails should be enough to start some musky baits. Here is the rainbow of tails favorite of course would be hot pink!

Post Your Comment
2/14/15 @ 5:21 AM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10
Cast away cool! Glad your getting into tying! I have started to tan my own deer tails thanks to all that save me deer tails!!! With be skinning this weekend (to cold to ice fish) also got into dying them

Post Your Comment
Displaying 61 to 70 of 86 Posts