home made baits vs store bought?

9/23/14 @ 11:18 AM
ORIGINAL POST
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10
just recently started about a year ago making our own bucktails. Very educational!! You can make any color, shape, size from deer hair to feathers and blades galore! Yes there is the right time to use blades etc.. dont get me wrong I do fish with store bought baits such as a bulldawg, but the gratification of catching a monster on something you made is pretty cool. this fish was on a blade yes there was a happy dance on that one!!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 51 to 58 of 58 Posts
9/23/14 @ 12:40 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10
Hey the chief love your set up that's basically what my basement is turning into the husband loves it by the way.I also have to agree with support your local people I like to buy a lot of stuff from lteinke brothers good guy and also Rolly and Helen's

Post Your Comment
9/23/14 @ 12:29 PM
fishfinder101
fishfinder101
USER since 1/1/10
I totally agree, about 95% of the bucktails i use are my own. I also like to try some others out there too. Sometimes to see how they work, or try something new. I tend to modify alot of store bought bucktails i feel i could improve them. I also like shopping locally to help support the local suppliers too. I find it very rewarding to catch something on my own and even more rewarding when others find success with my bucktails.

Post Your Comment
9/23/14 @ 12:26 PM
thechief
thechief
USER since 5/2/05
something about catching a big musky on your creation.

Edited on 9/23/14 12:27 PM
Post Your Comment