home made baits vs store bought?

9/23/14 @ 12:18 PM
ORIGINAL POST
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10
just recently started about a year ago making our own bucktails. Very educational!! You can make any color, shape, size from deer hair to feathers and blades galore! Yes there is the right time to use blades etc.. dont get me wrong I do fish with store bought baits such as a bulldawg, but the gratification of catching a monster on something you made is pretty cool. this fish was on a blade yes there was a happy dance on that one!!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 41 to 50 of 72 Posts
11/18/16 @ 1:15 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

To all that were at the Muskies Inc.. meeting and  the seminar, was nice to see everyone there that night.  Have been sitting in a tree stand last couple of weeks have'nt had to much time on my hands lately to post a BIG THANK YOU! Glad everyone enjoyed what I had to say about making your own bucktails. And of course the demo was of a hot pink Bou Buck!!!  Hope the gentleman that won it in my door prize catches a big one!!

Post Your Comment
10/26/16 @ 8:40 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

For those that weren't there....Ice Queen came and talked to our Milwaukee Muskies Inc. Chapter last night.  She spilled her trade secrets on how to build bucktails.  Even raffled one off for the attendees.  I heard from more than one member that it was the best presentation we've had in a really long time.  I concur.

Thanks much for talking to us last night, Lorie, it was much appreciated!  You even got my wife interested in lure building, and hopefully that means she will be spending more time on the water!

Post Your Comment
9/26/16 @ 10:49 AM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

Yup to warm to hunt this weekend and Muskies inc tournament Saturday, did squeeze in some time to get some more baits done the black one I'm calling Back in black blood trail and the green one of course The Super Packer backer!

Edited on 9/27/16 12:21 PM
Post Your Comment
8/1/16 @ 12:30 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

Thank you!! I know the blue Bou Buck I'm calling  the mardi gras bluegill color, and yes I have caught fish this year on that color.  Here are some more colors that I have done also

Edited on 8/1/16 12:49 PM
Post Your Comment
8/1/16 @ 6:32 AM
Todd Young
Todd Young
USER since 6/25/15

Love those crazy colors. I have some lady clients that enjoy throwing a buck tail something like your blue boa one there. It has been named sir Elton Jon by them. Haha

Muddy Creek Fishing Guides
(724) 674-3839
Post Your Comment
7/31/16 @ 12:12 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

Made a few baits this week tried something new. A friend of mine wanted some zonkers added to the traditional "Bou Buck" I'm calling it the triple "B" Bou,Buck,Bunny

Edited on 7/31/16 3:52 PM
Post Your Comment
9/22/15 @ 1:13 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10
making some new bucktail colors for the tournament on pewaukee this weekend new secret color!!! This one my husband wanted me to try (No its not hot pink!) Will keep you posted if it works Smile Kiss

Post Your Comment
9/14/15 @ 7:33 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10
Big girl was 47.5 inches and hit at boat side just coming into my figure 8. Yes now I believe the importance of a figure 8!! Bent the homemade Boubuck almost in half!! (Yes it was electric/hot pink). And husband asked you only made one???

Post Your Comment
9/14/15 @ 9:53 AM
muskie nut
muskie nut
USER since 6/26/01
And of course in hot pink!!

Real men don't throw pink, we throw bubblegum!! Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile

Post Your Comment
9/13/15 @ 6:01 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10
Yes once again the Bou buck musky bait does it again!! And of course in hot pink!! My biggest to date this season the year is not over yet but it is hard to bow hunt or musky fish what's a girl to do!!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 41 to 50 of 72 Posts