home made baits vs store bought?

9/23/14 @ 12:18 PM
ORIGINAL POST
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10
just recently started about a year ago making our own bucktails. Very educational!! You can make any color, shape, size from deer hair to feathers and blades galore! Yes there is the right time to use blades etc.. dont get me wrong I do fish with store bought baits such as a bulldawg, but the gratification of catching a monster on something you made is pretty cool. this fish was on a blade yes there was a happy dance on that one!!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 41 to 50 of 81 Posts
5/5/17 @ 7:38 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

Good luck to all fishermen and ladies on our opener!!! Will be fishing the quad county challenge  Saturday and Sunday on Pewaukee. Please be safe out there no heroes going for a swim!!

Post Your Comment
4/28/17 @ 9:15 PM
Ed Franko
Big Ed's Guide Service
USER since 5/6/15

That is a really neat bait made out of Turkey feathers.. I wish I would of seen it before we dressed our birds....  Good Job Girl and the blade that tops it off..Making your own baits can and does become addictive. 

Big Ed’s Guide Service
(573) 692-6710
Post Your Comment
4/27/17 @ 6:11 AM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

Yup, did pretty good in Kentucky over Easter.  My honey caught 2 I lost one and caught one saw lots of fish. My hot bait was a homemade inline rizzo tail, husbands was a black suick, by day 3 his arms were cashed out from twitching!!

Post Your Comment
4/12/17 @ 9:03 AM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

Watch out cave run Muskies here comes the university of Kentucky colors for you !!!!!!

Post Your Comment
4/8/17 @ 5:39 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

Should not have gone down to the dam this morning!! Really got the musky bug baddddd!!!

Post Your Comment
3/17/17 @ 9:58 PM
grizwald
grizwald
USER since 2/6/09

catchin muskies on homemade baits is by far way more gratifing!(spelling?) sorry, been drinking. and i hate this english class! keep on twistin them up.

Post Your Comment
3/17/17 @ 7:16 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

Here is a bucktail I made for my husband. He shot a 25 pound turkey 2 yrs ago & a 23 pounder last year. So, I plucked all the fluffy marabou from those turkeys and I'm calling this one "wild turkey" also had the blade engraved for him hope you like it!!!

Post Your Comment
2/26/17 @ 8:54 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

Here are two more colors I've been wanting to do the yellow is mine calling it big bird and the other my husband wanted, yup new name it's the joker!!

Edited on 2/27/17 9:24 AM
Post Your Comment
2/26/17 @ 9:55 AM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

Well so much for ice fishing!! Now it's musky time, the white multi colored one I'm calling killer clown from outer space (after super nova color). LOL  This "hobby" is getting just as addictive as musky fishing!!!!!

Post Your Comment
11/18/16 @ 1:15 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

To all that were at the Muskies Inc.. meeting and  the seminar, was nice to see everyone there that night.  Have been sitting in a tree stand last couple of weeks have'nt had to much time on my hands lately to post a BIG THANK YOU! Glad everyone enjoyed what I had to say about making your own bucktails. And of course the demo was of a hot pink Bou Buck!!!  Hope the gentleman that won it in my door prize catches a big one!!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 41 to 50 of 81 Posts