home made baits vs store bought?

9/23/14 @ 11:18 AM
ORIGINAL POST
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10
just recently started about a year ago making our own bucktails. Very educational!! You can make any color, shape, size from deer hair to feathers and blades galore! Yes there is the right time to use blades etc.. dont get me wrong I do fish with store bought baits such as a bulldawg, but the gratification of catching a monster on something you made is pretty cool. this fish was on a blade yes there was a happy dance on that one!!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 40 to 49 of 86 Posts
6/30/17 @ 6:03 AM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

Got my new flashabou yesterday snow white from hedron love it!! Made a natural walleye with it last night

Post Your Comment
6/27/17 @ 6:47 AM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

This one made last night calling it the  psychedelic walleye! 

Post Your Comment
6/21/17 @ 12:48 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

Had to make a tandem bucktail for myself since everyone else has wanted them! And of course flaming hot pink!! Man does it run sweet!!

Post Your Comment
5/29/17 @ 8:30 PM
grizwald
grizwald
USER since 2/6/09

not homemade, but custom paint. found this spring scavaging. most paint was wore off. it looks good!

Post Your Comment
5/24/17 @ 4:39 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

Wish me luck!! Was asked to be on the cutting edge outdoors radio show this Saturday!! It is from 6-8am on channel 105.7fm and 1250am. They would like a woman's perspective on fishing and hunting etc.... Can't wait to talk about the Bou Buck musky bait!! Definitely will be a great time with Tom Newbaeur and Dan Bush (bushy)

Post Your Comment
5/15/17 @ 6:37 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

Quad county challenge was sloooow if you saw fish you did good!! Fished the Pewaukee classic, saw 3 lost one still slow, need some warm weather!! Had a bonus huge bass 21 incher good fighter on my homemade inline spinner. Was a great time at least it didn't snow like last year!!

Post Your Comment
5/5/17 @ 6:38 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

Good luck to all fishermen and ladies on our opener!!! Will be fishing the quad county challenge  Saturday and Sunday on Pewaukee. Please be safe out there no heroes going for a swim!!

Post Your Comment
4/28/17 @ 8:15 PM
Ed Franko
Big Ed's Guide Service
USER since 5/6/15

That is a really neat bait made out of Turkey feathers.. I wish I would of seen it before we dressed our birds....  Good Job Girl and the blade that tops it off..Making your own baits can and does become addictive. 

Big Ed’s Guide Service
(573) 692-6710
Post Your Comment
4/27/17 @ 5:11 AM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

Yup, did pretty good in Kentucky over Easter.  My honey caught 2 I lost one and caught one saw lots of fish. My hot bait was a homemade inline rizzo tail, husbands was a black suick, by day 3 his arms were cashed out from twitching!!

Post Your Comment
4/12/17 @ 8:03 AM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

Watch out cave run Muskies here comes the university of Kentucky colors for you !!!!!!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 40 to 49 of 86 Posts