home made baits vs store bought?

9/23/14 @ 12:18 PM
ORIGINAL POST
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10
just recently started about a year ago making our own bucktails. Very educational!! You can make any color, shape, size from deer hair to feathers and blades galore! Yes there is the right time to use blades etc.. dont get me wrong I do fish with store bought baits such as a bulldawg, but the gratification of catching a monster on something you made is pretty cool. this fish was on a blade yes there was a happy dance on that one!!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 21 to 30 of 84 Posts
3/29/18 @ 7:31 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

Some “Kentucky” wonder bread colors heading down to Cave Run Kentucky!! 

Post Your Comment
3/20/18 @ 3:23 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

I “almost “ did that with my husbands ponytail!!! Glad I’m not the only crazy thinking one out there!!!  Glad you didn’t use anything below the belt so to speak!!!!  

Edited on 3/20/18 3:24 PM
Post Your Comment
3/20/18 @ 12:57 PM
Carp King
Carp King
USER since 8/7/01

I grew one spot of hair for an entire winter, clipped it off, and made some bucktails out of my own hair (dark brown)

I gave one to a guy at work and he caught a northern with it.

Anyone got me beat?

Post Your Comment
3/6/18 @ 1:12 PM
Budman
Budman
USER since 8/17/01

Way to go, Lorie! Congrats!

Post Your Comment
3/3/18 @ 7:44 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

Yahoo!! Made the magazine this year, nice article and a good recognition!!

THANK YOU!! Muskie’s inc.

Post Your Comment
2/26/18 @ 7:05 AM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

Finally had some time to get a few bucktails done!  Did a triple blade with night vision tape that one I’m called “Kentucky shad” 

The colored one is for a customer he wanted it to look like the “hard” bait picture he sent me.  That one he wanted to call “spinner shad”. I think I nailed it with the colors, with red & purple stripes.

Post Your Comment
12/21/17 @ 11:10 AM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

Well it is with a heavy heart musky fishing is done for this season:(   But, it was a fantastic year for myself and my husband. This sport can never get old!!! Have met a lot of great people this year, with a few “ newbies” hope will get interested in musky fishing next year. 

Have a very Merry Christmas and prosperous New Years!!

Post Your Comment
12/16/17 @ 10:01 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

Can’t wait for this show was very good last year!!

Post Your Comment
12/13/17 @ 7:28 AM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

Got a few custom Baits done for a client love the colors he picked out!! One is a Christmas gift for his friend the other is for himself. 

ALSO, get bored in January check out some of these great seminars with Tony Grant & Greg Thomas!

Post Your Comment
11/27/17 @ 6:15 PM
ice queen
ice queen
USER since 12/16/10

Finally will have time to start some baits!! Got a few deer tails to get tanned for some new bucktails! But, fishing isn’t over until the “fat” musky sings! 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 21 to 30 of 84 Posts