Headlock lures

5/13/15 @ 6:24 PM
ORIGINAL POST
reises
reises
USER since 3/26/15
Seems just about in possible to buy one. I did finally hook up with a dealer that had one. Pretty expense lure at $85.I was wondering if any one on here has used one & what they thought of it. Mine will be a 12 incher & I was told when set on the shallow setting it will run around 14 feet with 80 pound braid.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 Posts
5/13/15 @ 7:40 PM
muskie nut
muskie nut
MEMBER since 6/26/01
What make them good is the fact that they every now and again kick off to the side. Some trolling videos looking at the lure will see a muskie follow trolled lures for a long time and the kicking out of the lure will sometime trigger a strike. The folks in the industry call this term "hunting" when it does that. An out of tune nomal crank bait will do this as well, but will normally end up on the surface (blow out) and stay there. The tie pin in the bill will allow the bait to stay down and start running again without blowing out.

I know Guide Lee Tauchen also has a bait called a "Pelagic" and you can watch his bait "hunt" you tube pelagic video

I don't own any as I don't troll much, but I do hear they many times outperform standard cranks.

Edited on 5/13/15 7:42 PM
Post Your Comment