Bow hunting 2017 reports

5/20/16 @ 8:33 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Fish4Musky
Fish4Musky
USER since 6/18/13

Going to northern Minnesota in early June. Fishing a lake that has some shallow weed lines and a main lake basin of around 40ft. Lake has a lot of panfish/walleye/bass and Cisco. I spent a couple hours on this lake a few years ago and moved a few big fish but very limited time spent and it was around July 1st. It is mostly new water to me. With it being fairly early in the season, where would you start? What tactics would you recommend? I was thinking to start shallow and throwing my search baits(in line spinners/bucktails-safety pin style spinners,and some minnow baits/top waters(shallow invader,shallow raider,weagle,suick,shallow bull dogs). There is some mid lake structure with deep water access also. Does this sound like a decent game plan?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 58 Posts
6/29/16 @ 9:19 AM
Fish4Musky
Fish4Musky
USER since 6/18/13

Well weather was all over the place. Had 2 complete rain out days with thunderstorms-steady rain/wind. Then had cloudy/some rain another day and fished hard that day. This was followed by high sun wind and at that point(20hours of musky fishing without a follow) I switched to bass/walleye. Tried bucktails from small to big,top waters-pacemaker,bucher top raider,weagle,and some bulldawgs-shallow and pounders off breaklines. Never saw a fish. I talked to a few boats at the landing late in week. They were coming in for a musky tourney. They said it was basically a trolling bite this time of year. They had been fishing the lake for many years etc etc. Guess I should have done that lol

Post Your Comment