SEARCH
MORE
Musky Fishing

Eagle River area for muskie's

9/17/17 @ 10:04 AM
INITIAL POST
gladczak
User since 8/16/09

Have a chance to fish the Eagle River area mid Oct for 2 days.  I understand the chain is overfished and has small fish.  Fished Kentuck once before 5 yrs ago have read about the alge problems.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a lake that offers a good chance of catching a quality fish.  Thanks

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
4/12/18 @ 10:11 AM
axegrinder
User since 4/12/18

I would suggest the Cisco chain and in particular West Bay lake and Big Lake.  You may need a Michigan license also as some the Cisco chain is in Michigan.  Closer to Eagle River I would suggest Upper Buckatabon.

9/29/17 @ 7:35 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

Chain is overfished and fish are small.  LOL.

I'm up there right now....fished for 2 hours, from shore.  Got 3.  One was small, like a stocker, but two were nice.  40's or so.  No bump board, heck where I was I couldn't even take a net.

Here's my tip when going up there.  Get off the highways that are well traveled and fish lakes that have awful boat launches.  Those will be the better lakes...always have been.

9/25/17 @ 6:40 PM
brookie1957
User since 5/25/07

There is no shortage of quality lakes to fish Big Sand by Phelps, Upper Buckatabon, Cisco Chain, Palmer Tenderfoot High Lake, Sugar Camp Chain, Three Lakes Chain. They all have some big fish.  In choosing a lake consider the weather and your size of boat and how you want to fish for the larger fish.  

9/25/17 @ 6:11 AM
JEYESLAYER
JEYESLAYER
User since 2/8/06

Chain maybe overfished in summer but after labor day people out fishing is few. Size on the chain is there fish up to 50" are caught every year.

9/19/17 @ 5:34 PM
ice queen
ice queen
User since 12/16/10

Do have to agree two awesome lakes mentioned LVD and north twin.  If you look under homemade baits the 46.50 was caught on north twin and the 47.50 was on LVD!!

9/19/17 @ 3:09 PM
phishin phool
phishin phool
PRO MEMBER User since 4/5/08

Can't go wrong when trying LVD! Great area for your musky!

9/18/17 @ 2:39 PM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
User since 2/13/17

If you travel north up 45, I'd think about North Twin in Phelps.

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE