SEARCH
MORE
Musky Fishing

best southern WI muskie lakes

6/19/18 @ 5:24 PM
INITIAL POST
RippinLips3
User since 6/19/18

hey guys, i'm new to the sport of muskie fishing and am looking for a few good lakes in the southern WI area. any advice, spots, and suggested lures would be great. i have been up north a few times in search of a skie and have only gotten follows along with one 35-40 incher up to the boat that pulled the hook. bottom line i'm hooked on the sport but if there's any good lakes in southern WI that i could go to instead of making the drive up north i'd love to hear them. even if the lake doesn't have a great population of big muskies i'm just looking for a lake that has a large population. I understand if you wouldn't like to post your spots for everyone to see so feel free to message me personally.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
6/20/18 @ 11:46 PM
RippinLips3
User since 6/19/18

thx for the tips, will let you know how i do next time i'm out

6/20/18 @ 1:23 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
Outside of those mentioned, there's Silver Lake around Kenosha, Random Lake (good numbers), Elkhart (low density) and Little Green.  Couple sleeper river systems, too....  :)
6/20/18 @ 9:02 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Pewaukee - arguably one of the best muskie lakes in the state if you can handle the constant boat traffic.

6/20/18 @ 8:41 AM
BucketMouth123
BucketMouth123
User since 5/6/16

Pewaukee, Monona, Waubesa, Wingra, Okauchee is starting to show more skis. Fox chain in Illinois has a good population of skis. All of these lakes, with the exception of Wingra, will be loaded with recreational boaters all summer on the weekends. You can also go to the Wi DNR stocking database and see which lakes have been stocked in your area. Lures will be different with certain conditions and water temps and time of year. Can never go wrong with blades though. 

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE