2014 Wisconsin Musky Tournaments

7/2/14 @ 11:31 PM
ORIGINAL POST
WiscoMuskys
WiscoMuskys
USER since 1/19/12
After the unfortunate hiatus of the Pro-Mac and WMT, I was wondering what public musky tournaments, big or small, will be going on this year around the state?
Edited on 7/2/14 11:32 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 11 Posts
8/15/14 @ 10:31 AM
Alawton
Alawton
USER since 5/26/10
Hello. The Fall Classic Muskie Tournament takes place each year on the Three Lakes Chain in Oneida County. See attached flier. This year's date is Saturday September 27th.

Call or email and we'll be glad to send you some information......scott

fallclassic@outlook.com 715-547-3340

Edited on 8/15/14 10:32 AM
Post Your Comment
7/25/14 @ 12:43 PM
fishfinder101
fishfinder101
USER since 1/1/10
Fish the tournament of champions for the first time last year on the manitowash waters, I believe it was only 20 bucks a person to get in. I fished with the Musky Mafia team and was well worth the money. I dont know an exact amount but i bet they raffled of around 300 prizes, including poles, reels, nets and all sorts of baits. i think there was around 780 anglers that fished it, around 20 lakes to choose from, very well managed/ran tourney too. It will be one i fish every year possible. One other thing to keep in mind if you've never fished one before, anyone can have a good day on the water and win. I met a lot of great people that weekend. I think its sept 6th weekend if I remember correctly.

Post Your Comment
7/25/14 @ 3:05 AM
ProudtoServe
ProudtoServe
USER since 8/5/09
There is a very angler friendly charity musky tournament on August 23rd on the Phillips Chain in Price County. It generally draws between 30 and 40 boats. The Phillips Chain is a very easy body of water to learn, and it has been a consistent producer for me throughout the years.

Post Your Comment
7/24/14 @ 11:15 AM
WiscoMuskys
WiscoMuskys
USER since 1/19/12
thanks ColeBurger, this is a nice resource.

Post Your Comment
7/24/14 @ 8:54 AM
ColeBurger
ColeBurger
USER since 6/20/11
Post Your Comment
7/3/14 @ 10:36 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03
September 27 will be a tournament date for Pewaukee Lake, run through the local Chapter of Muskies Inc. Designed to be a nice cash payout tournament with the club taking some of the entry fees to assist with the stocking of the area lakes.

Post Your Comment
7/3/14 @ 10:18 AM
muskie nut
muskie nut
MEMBER since 6/26/01
I know Wausau Muskie Inc club has a single day tourney on Lake Wausau July 12.

1st Wisc Muskies Inc out of Chippewa Falls has one about mid Sept. The lakes are Wissota, Holcombe, Potato, Dairyland, and a bunch of others.

Hayward Lakes MI has one in the 1st weekend in Oct, and you can fish many of the lakes around Hayward for that.

Info should be on their web sites. If not, email them

Post Your Comment
7/3/14 @ 9:03 AM
get the frabill
get the frabill
USER since 3/23/12
WiscoMuskys,

Eagle River Chamber of Commerce holds the National Championship Musky Open every August. All proceeds are given back to the fisheries in terms of stocking and conservation. They give away a ton of prizes and a new Ranger Boat every year. Also, the first weekend of October there is a tourney around St. Germain that is a 2 day event. if you google WI musky tournaments you should find more than enough to stay busy. Most are put on by local camber of commerce or Muskies Inc. Chapters and are a ton of fun and a great resource for learning new water and meeting great people. Good Luck and let me know if you need any more info.

GTF <*(((><

Post Your Comment
7/3/14 @ 2:44 AM
WiscoMuskys
WiscoMuskys
USER since 1/19/12
Thanks!

From your research, does there happen to be a few chamber of commerce tournies in the oneida/vilas area? and if so, which cities should I look for?

Thank you for your repost, I really do appreciate any advise, as I am a young angler trying to get into my career! Cool

Edited on 7/3/14 2:46 AM
Post Your Comment
7/3/14 @ 2:34 AM
Ulbian
Ulbian
USER since 9/24/03
There's a bunch but the best way to find out might be to check out specific chamber of commerce websites for an area you might be interested in. I did this earlier for a couple of areas and they were pretty much up to date but these were the smaller type events and not a touring trail.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 11 Posts