SEARCH
MORE
Missouri Hunting Reports/Discussions

Deer Hunting

11/8/15 @ 9:44 AM
INITIAL POST
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15
It is that time of the year again. I love to fish but i took off a couple of days to go to the farm and scout and bow hunt for a few days. The weather was great and it was great to spend some time out in the woods. Went down friday afternoon and got in the woods about 3. It wasn't but a half how or so I had 2 big gobblers walk out at 30 yards. Trying to get into position I was busted and they turned and walked off. Saw a ton of squirrels and wished I had my rifle. the just at it was starting to get dark I had a doe and 2 big fawns walk in. The one fawn got close enough to me hat I could see his buttons. All of them got within ten yards . The dow was a good one but I let them walk. I guess I am a soft in my old age but she produce 2 nice fawns maybe it can happen again. Back to the house I went had to sneak out because they were still in the field when I left. Day 2 morning Had spike buck come in and wander the complete field and gave me several opportunities for a shot but I was still holding out. he walked out of the field and in about a half of a hour here he came down the fire trail again . He was just taking his time again at 30 yards. then all of a sudden I realized I was being watched and sure enough the same turkeys busted me again. Off then went and that was the morning hunt. Went and had a great lunch and back out to the woods only to see squirrels the rest of the day. Back to the lake waiting until 10 for the fishing day to begin.
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
11/8/17 @ 6:47 PM
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15

Hunted the same field again and shot a nice eight point small rack but eight points.later in the afternoon I was sitting in the same spot. No I was napping in the same spot and when I came to had about twenty turkeys staring me down.Thinking it would be a great day for a double I got my bow into position and when I went to click my scope on I was BUSTED again. Out of the field they went.  Sleeping you just can nod off for a second I guess....  

11/3/17 @ 11:22 AM
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15

The deer are on the move. It is love time and love is what they are thinking for sure.Last night we had 11 deer in my driveway.    Went bow hunting earlier this week and killed a eight pointer. I was not going to shot anything but a mounter but the blasted deer walked within ten feet of me at least a half dozen times. Way to tempting I had to do it. 

11/22/16 @ 6:02 PM
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15

Deer pretty tough at our farm this year. Well for me anyway. I didn't see a see a deer but everyone got to test their guns out. Hard to believe I never fired a shot....Oh well next year next year...I was the butcher so I did manage some tenderloins for my services... That and some burger is all that I really like anyway.   It is not all about the kill for me anyway.

11/17/16 @ 8:39 AM
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15

I never saw a deer in four days of season.. It is hard to believe as everyone else saw them and bagged one. I guess I was never in the right spot at the right time. Oh well that is the way things happen .. Better luck the next time...   

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE