Hate to ask but have NO CLUE where to go!!

3/16/14 @ 1:22 PM
ORIGINAL POST
4lbcrappies
4lbcrappies
USER since 3/15/07
Hey guys/gals, I'm doing sewer work in St Paul, and am staying at a hotel in Vandais Heights for the next couple months, I'm only going to get one day off a week (and maybe some afternoons) and would like it being spent wetting a line!! I plan on pulling my boat out here soon. SSOO my ? is where do you guys fish around here?? I know the obvious is the river but are there any lakes around within an hr of Vandais Heights?? I see some medium sized lakes around where we are working but haven't noticed any boat launches on them. I have a 21ft Procraft with a 250 yamaha on it, just to give ya an idea of what size rig I have. Any help would be GREAT!! ANY info discussed between us is ALWAYS between US. I'm not looking for your hotspots (unless you want to tell me), just need a starting point. Also I almost ALWAYS have room in the boat for another person!! And if you need any tips or info for the NE wisconsin area / greenbay/ fox river area, let me know!! THANKS AGAIN!!!! Travis
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
5/6/14 @ 2:51 PM
The Huntress
The      Huntress
USER since 4/30/14
If you take hwy 15 north from hwy 36 it looks like there's several lakes up there by Forest Lake, Center City and lindstrom. They're real close to you; since you only get one day off/wk. There's six lakes there in close proximity to each other.... if you stop @ a bait shop up there they'll clue you in on what the panfish, bass ect. bite on. Hope this helps! Smile

Post Your Comment
5/4/14 @ 10:30 PM
Route66
Route66
USER since 6/22/01
He won't be back. It happpens all the time. Answer a question and then nothing ... Speechless

Post Your Comment
5/1/14 @ 11:04 AM
CRSTLNR1750
CRSTLNR1750
USER since 4/25/06
Travis, There are plenty of lakes within 20 mins of where you are. Depends on what species your looking for. I would recommend stopping by Joe's Sporting goods to pick up some maps of lakes that are going to be within a short drive. Surprising enough, the local lakes can be very good at times, bass nice enough to keep you interested, crappies that are decent sized. Feel free to PM me for further info.

Post Your Comment
4/4/14 @ 7:20 PM
qdmaguy
qdmaguy
USER since 6/14/10
http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forum_summary

Much better place for MN info

Post Your Comment
3/29/14 @ 1:40 PM
Route66
Route66
USER since 6/22/01
Minnesotan's dont read this site. Go to Walleye central for better info. St Croix River is great for everything and has a beautiful landing at St Croix State Park.

Post Your Comment
3/22/14 @ 9:30 PM
4lbcrappies
4lbcrappies
USER since 3/15/07
WOW you guys sure are tight lipped on this forum........I just wanted to know where i could put my boat in.......I'll figure out the rest......

Post Your Comment
3/18/14 @ 12:15 PM
ifish267
ifish267
USER since 6/14/06
Travis, I know there has been a lot of discussion on here about Mille Lacs but it is still a good fishery and is about an hour and a half from where your staying. Call one of the resorts or bait shops before you head up because they are talking about more rules changes this year. The walleye take has been reduced a lot but if you Cpr or fish for smallies you'll have a good day. A lot of stuff on here and walleye central on Mille Lacs.

Post Your Comment