SEARCH
MORE
Michigan Hunting Reports/Discussion

Purchase of hunting land

8/22/13 @ 7:14 PM
muskrat30
muskrat30
User since 10/14/01
Lots of land for sale up there. We are off to the West in Baraga County. Taxes can drag one down. Is it for a camp? There is plenty of public access land available for the occasional hunt. Did you get it? P.M. If you have any questions. I'm going up tomorrow.
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
10/24/13 @ 7:20 PM
muskrat30
muskrat30
User since 10/14/01
As long as one takes ANY hunter safety course(any State) you are usually covered.
10/24/13 @ 4:34 PM
eyefish
eyefish
User since 1/18/09
Those are encouraging words MR. I won't be up there hunting this year...didn't take MI hunters safety course. But nonetheless turn your pm on. I have a few Q's for ya.
10/20/13 @ 8:27 AM
muskrat30
muskrat30
User since 10/14/01
I can easily hunt opening day in the U.P. & not see another hunter. After 4 days you will almost have the woods to yourself, especially operating as a 'still hunter'. The quality of the hunt is worth something, meaning you may not see many deer but few hunters too. For the most part you really don't have to buy land in the U.P. to have a quality hunt. You just need a place to stay & then do some scouting. Grouse hunting is a great way to scout, any bird is a bonus. There is enough Federal, State & CFR land to keep one occupied. Your own 40 will get boring after 1/2 a day of hunting, unless it's a prime location.
9/23/13 @ 8:45 PM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01
One thing about the big wood is this. Just seeing a deer is a trophy! Getting one is tougher yet. Get ready to see just a few deer per season. If you see a deer a day in 3 or 4 days you did really well. It's super hard hunting but some love it. I hate it but hate hunters even more so I hunt Price and Sawyer co. Wis.
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE