SEARCH
MORE
Kayak Fishing

Micro PowerPole?

5/31/19 @ 10:34 PM
INITIAL POST
Clay34
User since 3/22/08

Do you put a leash of some type on your PowerPole? If so, how?

Not the rope to pull if the battery goes dead, but some kind of leash so that you dont loose the $100+ pole itself?

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
6/13/19 @ 10:52 PM
Clay34
User since 3/22/08

Sorry, I forgot that I even posted this here.  I tried to run the heavy duty pole with the included rope.  The pole went down fine but the rope bound up on the uptake and actually bent the pole over on the rise.  It just didn't work out.

I called the PowerPole manufacturer and they said that they run this micro PowerPole on larger boats from spot to spot with motor boats and have no issues with the pole coming out or loosing it.  So their thought was that I didn't need to leash it either. 

The only thing that came up in this conversation when I was talking about "rigging to flip and dressing to swim" was that in shallow water the pole could be a hindrance to flipping the boat back over and righting the upside down craft.  Something that I hadn't thought about before. 

I've used the PowerPole and it is a crazy sweet option to have on a boat fishing shallow water.  I truly love this kayak investment. 

6/4/19 @ 10:38 AM
Snorkel
Snorkel
User since 7/30/16

It has a cap on the end, I don't think you would need a leash for the pole itself.

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE