DIY shallow water anchor spike

9/27/18 @ 3:48 PM
INITIAL POST
Snorkel
Snorkel
User since 7/30/16

rigged this up last week and will be trying it out soon:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/K81T8V8hibSk26Eu8

This one can apply downward pressure on the spike instead of just gravity to hold it in place.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
10/23/18 @ 2:43 PM
Snorkel
Snorkel
User since 7/30/16

It works great, I combined it with a Anchor wizard reel.

I used it extensively on my last video on youtube, I don't show it but you can hear me drop the rear anchor spike.  When I use it in lakes or rivers with a soft bottom it does not need any down pressure, the gravity drop is enough.  If you guys are interested I can make a video of my setup.

I don't have plans but if you google DIY power pole there are tons out there. It just uses a PVC junction box you can get from Menards for 10 bucks and a 3/4" 8 foot fiberglass spike.

My channel

10/19/18 @ 9:35 PM
Clay34
User since 3/22/08

You have plans for this or a Youtube link where you found the idea? Looks vey cool indeed. Thanks for posting it.

10/9/18 @ 12:20 PM
KayakFishTyler
KayakFishTyler
User since 7/17/18

How did that work out?  Considering doing something like this for my tandem kayak when guiding with a passenger.

9/28/18 @ 1:00 PM
Snorkel
Snorkel
User since 7/30/16

To keep constant downward pressure I wrap the cord in a zigzag cleat.

Going to try it out in the cold tomorrow hahaha

9/28/18 @ 12:57 PM
Snorkel
Snorkel
User since 7/30/16

I was using just the 7.5 foot spike with t-handle, but it was useless in the rivers with rock bottoms.  

With this it will hold you in place by applying downward pressure to the spike so it will hold even on rock bottoms.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE