MORE
Illinois Hunting Reports/Discussion

Anyone Hunting Ogle County

10/13/15 @ 12:11 PM
INITIAL POST
Bowman
Bowman
User since 6/27/01
Just wondering who is hunting in ogle county ?
Displaying 1 to 15 of 16 posts
10/20/22 @ 11:08 AM
Towerpro
User since 2/20/21

Hey!!!! You public or have some sweet farm land? How has this year been so far?

1/2/22 @ 12:39 AM
walleyezhunter05
User since 3/22/05

Just now realized this thread came back to life…….somewhat……I bow hunt and gun hunt ogle county. Saw good amounts of deer all season. Some good bucks on camera but never had the chance to see them on hoof. 

WalleyezZ 

11/7/21 @ 3:29 PM
Towerpro
User since 2/20/21

Figured I would try 5 years after the original post. 

Anybody hunting ogle County? 

10/27/19 @ 9:36 PM
walleyezhunter05
User since 3/22/05

Threads been quiet lately. How’s everyone been doing? Seeing good deer? Shooting any? Hope everyone’s having a good season so far. 

WalleyezZ 

8/21/17 @ 3:41 PM
walleyezhunter05
User since 3/22/05

Getting to be that time of year again. Fields will be picked before ya know it and it'll be go time. Hopefully everyone has a good and safe hunting season with good deer numbers! Haha 

walleyeZz

2/2/17 @ 1:56 AM
oldman570
User since 3/15/14

I have been out road scouting at dusk and early evening for deer now that the hunting seasons are over. So far it looks like next years deer hunting will be as bad as this year. I have only seen 4 or 5 deer in a nite after looking over a very wide area of the county. My Nite Owl has now gone thru over 8 batteries from use. I have covered most all of the county at least twice where I have seen deer in the past, from Creston clear to Brookville and Ashton to north of Leaf River. Where I used to see close to 30 deer in a nite, now it is down to 4 or 5 a nite. Not looking good for next years hunting.

2/1/17 @ 7:02 PM
Bowman
Bowman
User since 6/27/01

I agree oldman IDNR has done some sharpshooter in selected areas in ogle county. I haven't killed a deer in 2 yrs.  I'm afraid people are still in the "shoot a doe so the herd don't grow" mentality. I choose to let all doeswalk for now. To build somewhat a few deer in are area. It frustrates me they numbers been depleated to what they are now fromthe past 20 yrs

1/9/17 @ 10:39 PM
oldman570
User since 3/15/14

Yes hunting ground is getting hard to get. The one guy that leased the land next to mine said that the 4 of them was hunting in Winnebago county till this year. He said that it was costing them 3,000 apice just to hunt the first season of shotgun there. Thats why they bought the hunting rights next to my property. What is really sad is that where they leased, there is hardly any timber on it.

1/9/17 @ 2:29 PM
walleyezhunter05
User since 3/22/05

It is sad when land goes for the high money aspect. Thankfully that hasn't happened my way yet. I hardly heard much shooting during the gun seasons either. Opening day I was expecting it to be WWIII but that simply wasn't the case. Hopefully things will turn for the better next year etc. 

1/9/17 @ 2:13 AM
oldman570
User since 3/15/14

I get a headacke when I see how much of the private owned hunting ground has been closed down, or has been leased out to people from other areas. The ground next to mine was closed, till this past year, and now has been bought by forgien investors. The farm manager leased out hunting rights, and some people from the city, an are paying big for it. I do not think that they even seen nor shot a deer.

1/8/17 @ 2:25 PM
walleyezhunter05
User since 3/22/05

I agree with you Oldman. Saw some very nice bucks this year bowhunting but never saw the usual numbers of does. Never ended up shooting a deer up here this year because of that reason. This year was more of a scout for years to come. Saw quite a few stud 3.5 year old bucks that will be beautiful in the next few years. Until the does start showing up more, it might be another scout year next year. 

1/7/17 @ 1:53 PM
oldman570
User since 3/15/14

I have lived in an hunted Ogle County for over 50 years and never have seen a time as bad as this past year. The deer herd is about gone and people need to be more selective when hunting. I and my son both only shoot older bucks, and for several years have let all the others walk. The taking of unlimited does and small bucks  has not helped the deer herd. I am affraid that as long as this happends, that we hunters will just be giving the DNR what I consider a DONATION.

1/11/16 @ 6:21 PM
walleyezhunter05
User since 3/22/05
I saw quite a few deer this year Bowhunting. Could have shot does and some small bucks but opted to let them walk. Only saw a couple shooter bucks while in the tree even though I had probably 5 shooter bucks on camera. So never shot anything with a bow this year but did shoot two does with a muzzle loader for the freezer. Didn't hear hardly any shots during the gun seasons though. Best of luck to ya. WalleyeZz
12/31/15 @ 7:12 PM
Bowman
Bowman
User since 6/27/01
Hello Walleyez. ....just wondering how anyone else did or seen this season.lost my best ground of 35yrs. So its been a ruff hunt this year.still have to draw the bow for the first time on a deer too this yr. Thinking DNR might have over did herd reduction. Haven't been seeing any deer to speak of.I use to hunt lost nation golf course.sure been missing that place
11/28/15 @ 7:21 PM
walleyezhunter05
User since 3/22/05
I am Big Smile Cool Cool Cool
Displaying 1 to 15 of 16 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE