Newton Lake

3/9/16 @ 1:37 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Viszla-Terrier
Viszla-Terrier
USER since 12/27/10
Does anyone have any information on fishing this lake that they wish to share? I'm going to take my teenage son there for his spring break. 25 horsepower limit is going to limit the areas we can fish since we will have to use the trolling motor to get around. Also if someone knows anything about nearby Olney lake, that would be great too. My messenger should be on. Thank you.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
7/31/17 @ 12:46 PM
GGE
GGE
USER since 7/31/17

I know the hot, dog days of summer fishing is tuff. I've got a quick weekend getaway window. I would like to fish here Mid August with the local guide. Anyone have good results here in the summer?

Post Your Comment
4/4/16 @ 8:04 AM
chuckc
chuckc
USER since 3/21/14
It has been years and years since I fished Newton. One note, at THAT time parking was extremely limited, limiting the number of boats that could launch. I remember getting in line at the ramp at 2 am ( yup) and we were NOT the first in line by quite a long shot.

No idea if it is still like that, hopefully not, but you may wish to ask before you show up at 8am and there is no place to park.

Good fishing ChuckC

Post Your Comment
4/3/16 @ 9:04 AM
dropshot'n 2
dropshot'n 2
USER since 7/7/13
We have been to Newton twice. Once with a guide. We also could only use a trolling motor. Bring all your gear because there's nothing around for miles. For bait, a Berkley power worm, five inch, Carolina rig is the best bet. Most plastics work well. Stay on the warm side of the two sides of the lake. Really, any shore casting will yield results. My wife and I both caught four pounders there.

Post Your Comment