LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Illinois Fishing Discussion

How to start a High School Fishing Team?

2/22/18 @ 3:35 PM
INITIAL POST
jbird68
jbird68
User since 1/24/05

Does anyone know how to start a High School Fishing Team? My son is in 7th grade this year and only in to baseball and fishing. So I was wondering about how to get a local High School Fishing team started before he actually enters high school. Any information would be appreciated. And no, I haven't asked the school yet.  

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
3/7/18 @ 4:50 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

I'm pretty sure you will need some financial backing and people willing to provide a boat or boats for the team.  Check out the IHSA page and click under resources.  You will probably have to talk to the athletic director and basically prove you're willing to help set things up.  It looks like Feb 1st was the deadline.   http://www.ihsa.org/SportsActivities/BassFishing.aspx

3/5/18 @ 11:07 AM
Ecosse52
User since 3/24/17

i started one at my high school when i attended.  it was pretty straight forward.  start by talking with the athletic director and prove you'll have enough students willing to participate.

2/28/18 @ 11:39 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

Especially in Illinois, I doubt any shooting sports teams would get the green light unfortunately. 

I wish my high school had a fishing team when I was there. 

2/25/18 @ 10:40 PM
hunting4keeps
hunting4keeps
User since 3/13/17
I'd start by contacting the IHSA. You could also look up school that already has the program and find out what it took them to get it started. But the IHSA should have all of the resources that you need.  Good luck. I'd love to see my kids have a fishing team or shooting sports at their schools as well.
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE