weed worms for ice fishing

10/4/15 @ 7:52 PM
ORIGINAL POST
luremaker
luremaker
USER since 1/23/12
Just wondering anyone else that still knows about weed worms. Not talking about the ones in the little balls. This is an old school way to get your winter fishing season bait.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
10/20/15 @ 8:45 AM
luremaker
luremaker
USER since 1/23/12
I have been finding worms in both the top and bottom. I like to use these because they are a lot tougher than wax worms. Sometimes catching up to a dozen fish on one worm. I was introduced to these 45 years ago, it surprises me that a lot of people have never heard of them. Some years have been better than others for finding them. If anyone is interested on learning more about them I would love to share my knowledge. They are easy to find once you know what to look for and its good exercise. Not to mention free fishing bait.

Post Your Comment
10/5/15 @ 8:06 AM
danedogs
danedogs
USER since 10/14/01
Yes, they were found in black eyed susans.They would crawl up the inside of the stalk and eat the inside. The top of the stalk would brake off and the worm would be found in the bottom piece. Its best to scout for these before it freezes because you can find the bright yellow flowers very easy then.

Post Your Comment