Walk on, easy on, ice fishing lakes

1/21/16 @ 5:34 PM
ORIGINAL POST
gray fox
gray fox
MEMBER since 2/22/08
Being elderly and I have to walk my sled and pop up shelter on. Does anyone out there who ice fishes, know of any lakes that would be somewhat easy to get on in the area around Milwaukee, Racine, Waukesha, Madison areas. Thanks ahead for any help, or info. It will be much appreciated. Dennis Cool Big Smile
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
1/28/16 @ 4:16 PM
gray fox
gray fox
MEMBER since 2/22/08
Thanks Kvande.......nice of you to help me out.

Post Your Comment
1/28/16 @ 11:51 AM
kvandehei33
kvandehei33
USER since 12/19/11
Lower Nemahbin in Summit is a nice lake with easy access off of sugar island road. I moved away from the area but when I was living there, I always did well on the west side of the island which is only ~200 yard walk. Tip ups along the shoreline and jigging out in the deeper water. Some guy drops xmas trees in off the point too for some added structure. The beach on Lac LaBelle was another easy access hot spot during early ice. Most of the other spots I fished were a decent hike. Good luck!

Post Your Comment
1/24/16 @ 9:45 AM
gray fox
gray fox
MEMBER since 2/22/08
Thanks for the info. Cool

Post Your Comment
1/22/16 @ 4:41 PM
Stevekeno
Stevekeno
USER since 12/21/08
Kenosha County lakes several have easy free parking and access - Silver Lake, Camp Lake, Center Lake, Lake Mary (Marie), Powers Lake.

Post Your Comment
1/21/16 @ 7:14 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11
Lake Farm Park on Lake Waubesa, near Madison. You'll need either a Dane Co. or State Park sticker to avoid paying a quite hefty daily fee to use the area/park. Bluegill, northern.

Tim

Post Your Comment
1/21/16 @ 6:39 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
Gray fox, I'm thinking any lake with a boat launch, that has some sort of weed line or structure near the launch area is what you would be looking for. I'm not in your area, but I'm sure someone is in your area that could PM you with some help. Good luck

Post Your Comment