SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

vexilar fl-8

10/16/18 @ 6:29 PM
INITIAL POST
stay_fishin
User since 1/6/13

Moved down south in august and am taking a trip up north in the winter. Would I have a problem bringing my flasher in my carry on because of the battery? 

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
10/17/18 @ 10:53 AM
AWichman
AWichman
User since 1/6/16

When I flew to Alaska I just mailed the whole unit to the resort. Way less headaches then dealing with TSA. I think I paid around 23 dollars to ship it and it was waiting for me when I got there. I had the same questions as you and I found this to be the easiest solution.

10/17/18 @ 9:36 AM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07
I carried my Humminbird 45 on a plane a few years ago from Alaska to Wisconsin. Didn't have any problems. The one lady from TSA had no clue what it was, called over another person who knew right away it a was a locator. I'd check the regs again on the battery limitations to make sure they haven't changed, that would by the only problem.
10/17/18 @ 8:54 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Carry the unit and put the battery in checked luggage to be safe, no two TSA locations are the same, one may allow and the other will not. 

10/17/18 @ 5:55 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

If it is the standard vexilar battery (12V 9amp) you should be able to.

FAA regs

10/16/18 @ 7:52 PM
JigDipper
JigDipper
User since 12/19/14

I'm not sure but a battery that size may fall under hazardous materials listings. If you know what airline you are using check the regs thst they have. Should be able to find it online.

10/16/18 @ 7:45 PM
stay_fishin
User since 1/6/13

Yes 

10/16/18 @ 7:35 PM
JigDipper
JigDipper
User since 12/19/14

Are you asking about a flight?

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE