Underwater camera Vexilar vs. Aqauview

12/22/14 @ 7:38 PM
ORIGINAL POST
s.s esox
s.s esox
USER since 12/22/14
Do you have an opinion on which one is better of the 7" screen model. They are both about $299 and have Sony screens. I guess I'm leading towards Aqauview since they've been in the business longer I also have an old Aqauview and had no problems,
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
1/9/15 @ 3:39 PM
barryr
barryr
USER since 6/20/01
I, too, have a cFish R-1. I haven't used it much, but my teenage son uses it in our portable Clam shelter when he icefishes.

It's really useful being able to rotate it with the remote rather than twisting the cable. And it has definitely helped him catch panfish because he sees the depth they're at (bottom or suspended) then watches them come up to his bait and sees if they respond better to slow, fast or no jigging, raising or lowering the bait, etc.

He also took a cellphone video the display when some muskies swam up to the camera about a year ago (in Jan 2014):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX3gxfR8H5o

Post Your Comment
1/6/15 @ 8:52 AM
Point Muskie Hunter
Point Muskie Hunter
USER since 1/28/13
I have the vexilar cammera and it is awesome with the adjustable brightness settings I can see good in very dark deep water even at night I love my vexilar cammera and put it on a double vision pack with a flasher and you have a ice fishing machine

Post Your Comment
1/6/15 @ 5:41 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
Off the main topic, but somebody mentioned CFish. I've had one a couple years and love it. The 360 camera operated by remote is easy to use. The wife and I set it up between us in shanty to scan area and each other's bait. Hasn't had a lot of use so don't know how tough it really is. It's good for what I use it for. (Scouting/entertainment).

Post Your Comment
1/5/15 @ 9:07 PM
LIPRIPR
LIPRIPR
USER since 3/15/03
I found a fish TV at a rummage sale for 5 bucks. Are these cameras even worth the effort? I have had it for 3 years nib but really don't see the point.

Post Your Comment
12/30/14 @ 10:50 AM
drkstr71
drkstr71
USER since 6/15/01
If you have an old aqua vu they have a buy back program where you can get $100 toward purchase of a new aqua vu with trade in. Just got the micro plus and love it.

Post Your Comment
12/23/14 @ 11:32 PM
Bull Gill
Bull Gill
USER since 2/7/02
Go to cfish .com It ain't aqua view or vex but it looks pretty good have yet to see one on the ice ..or talked to any who has

Post Your Comment